New Rebuild Melted Piston :(

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tear the carbs apart and go throught them even if they are new, Defently not getting fuel to that cylinder.

I just tore them apart today and I cannot see any obvious signs for no fuel being supplied to that cylinder. The main and pilot jets are not blocked and the bike was running quite well, it was a sudden failure. Im going to jet up and mix in more oil, aswell im going to switch the sides the carbs were on and hope for the best.

I just tore them apart today and I cannot see any obvious signs for no fuel being supplied to that cylinder. The main and pilot jets are not blocked and the bike was running quite well, it was a sudden failure. Im going to jet up and mix in more oil, aswell im going to switch the sides the carbs were on and hope for the best.

make sure your tank is clean, i took mine out tonight and it ran good for a couple runs up the track then started running like shit, i unplugged fuel line, no fuel blew through line got fuel flow, half way up track, same thing again. happend 3 times, came home pulled gas tank off, and it look like baffle packing material around the bottom of the reserve pickup for the petcock. it was causing it to run lean under wot

Do not rule out the fact that its NOT electrical........ You have covered the basis...... I have had a CDI that was stuck in advance, I know what I am doing and learned the lessons..... Yes it always seized just 1 piston, although it fires both.... Its just unbelievable.... So if you rule out the fuel issue, check your cdi man.... It happened to me 2 times one on my own RZ and on a customer's banshee....

Do not rule out the fact that its NOT electrical........ You have covered the basis...... I have had a CDI that was stuck in advance, I know what I am doing and learned the lessons..... Yes it always seized just 1 piston, although it fires both.... Its just unbelievable.... So if you rule out the fuel issue, check your cdi man.... It happened to me 2 times one on my own RZ and on a customer's banshee....

How do you test a CDI box? I've heard from more than one person that you cannot test them. Or do I just have to suppliment a known good one?