Trinity Racing

kawi710

I wouldn't really say there overrated...but yea i agree with them being expensive. They are a big business so might not have as much time with helping you with questions. I can't prove it but i've heard it here and there. People like kevin and hjr will take there time to personally tell you what there doing to your bike and help you along your build. I know theres more than them as well, thats just an example.

They manage to sell a guy I know about $4,500.00 in parts and motor services for his banshee. 4mill, port pwork, huge carbs, pipes, the whole shibang! Bike turns on like a light switch around 7k rpm, and has no low end power. He raced me, and got me by a bike length and I run a ported 350 on a stock crank built for low-mid power. Biggest bunch of fuckin idiots in the 2 stroke business that I know of.

yea dude stay away.....far away. I called and got a quote for a 10mil dm kit and it was around 4500 and I told them for everything i would need with a break down list and all. So I sent them my cases to get worked on, on the break down it said lk 350 for all the case work needed. So I get a call a few days, a week or w/e later with a bill of $635! 2u4hm6o.gif He also never mentioned anything about porting it or any of the other highly detailed info that goes into a dm build. Not to mention the 2 times i called for pricing and got 2 different prices, so i got a lil skeptical and tried again, whadda ya kno, another different price :blink: . I mean they just left me hanging in the dark with all of this, whereas kim @ k&t and andy @ m&m gave me all the info PLUS more that I needed, not that any of the other big name builders didnt help, i just feel more comfortable dealing with kim and andy, by far. Give either one of them a call, i promise you wont be dissapointed, not only with prices, but customer service is killer. But as for trinity znx0so.gif fuck em.

Yea the FUCKING SUCK!!!.. I called them when I first got my shee. I asked about their porting and prices. After a couple min of questions the guy was trying to get me to buy a full cub set up W/ carbs New pipes and The whole lot. I was just a noob trying to ask about some porting. Some basic porting was around 400. Buy the end of the call the bill was over 2000. FUCK THEM. Call HJR or FAST asap and find out everything you ever wanted to know .

Well, I don't know what I can add. It seems most has been said already. I had a stock stroke stage III port with 35 Keihin carbs, intake and exhaust with their head and domes on pump gas. I thought it was a turd. It had no low end and like snop said it really came on around 7k. Really like a light switch. I hated it. Had to go back to a stock length swinger just to get it to wheelie in the sand. Customer service was atrocious to say the least and they are REALLY proud of their shit. I wouldn't walk across the street to see them.

Now I have a 4 mil from Kevin at HJR and couldn't be happier. Much cheaper, runs like a striped monkey. Customer service is second to no one. Not to mention that Kevin is a hell of a guy! Kevin's turn around is also phenomenal to say the least. Trinity is as slow as shipping stuff across the ocean by boat.

There are plenty of stand up builders on this site that will do you right. Trinity would likely be nothing but a disappointment and leave you with empty pockets.

SP

I had mine built there and yes they are expensive. I would say they are a little overrated but Im happy with my 400 cheetah they built for me. I haven't been beat yet. the fastest thing I raced though was a bored out yfz450. I think it was a 520 or something and he kept up but I still pulled on him. I also raced a crf 450 r bored to 488 and beat him until I hit top speed and then he past me in 4th. I need to gear it higher cus I could have beat him with taller gearing. anyway I hated the customer service at trinity but they did build a good bike for me. I would have to agree with everyone else though on checking with F.A.S.T. first. from what I hear their engines are just as good if not better and probably cheaper too.

Wow. good to know. I always thought they where over rated. Obviously they need to stick to 4 strokes. Thats what the've built there reputation on. AND YES USE OUR SITE SPONSORS!!!