Flywheel question

Unless it was degaussed at UPS I'd be skeptical of the claim.

Im the guy with the "claim." Believe me I would much rather this thing work than not work. I am very open to anyones suggestions and will be checking the replies for any possibilities or even to find out ways to test a flywheel for whether it is good or not. I have cleaned all contacts, checked the spacing, checked pickup gap, and switched flywheels back and forth multiple times with the same results. Thanks

-RM

Im the guy with the "claim." Believe me I would much rather this thing work than not work. I am very open to anyones suggestions and will be checking the replies for any possibilities or even to find out ways to test a flywheel for whether it is good or not. I have cleaned all contacts, checked the spacing, checked pickup gap, and switched flywheels back and forth multiple times with the same results. Thanks

-RM

If it was dropped or something in shipping the magnets in the flywheel could have gotten broken. Do you hear anything when you shake the flywheel? The flywheel is pretty simple. The magnets rotating around the coils generate electricity and the tabs trigger the pickup. Broken magents are the only thing I can think of that can change.

SP

Edited by spurdy

I didnt hear anything rattling inside when I first got it and that was the first thing I checked because mine has a rattle and Im trying to chase down an intermittent miss in my motor and thought this might be the culprit. Although now I think it is an electrical problem that I missed when I went through the wiring harness but I am going to check for rattle again. My old one would rattle sometimes and other times the loose magnet would get caught somewhere and it wouldnt rattle at all. My bikes out at a friends house so i will try it later this afternoon. Thanks

-RM

Edited by pecanfmr

if 2 flywheels didn`t work i would look elsewhere. i doubt fstrnu would rip you off. . even ones that rattle will work. 90% of the ones i take off have a rattle and they are running bikes.i would swap coils, cdi`s and stators 1 st from a friends bike. check all grounds, remove tors connections. start with the basics.

if 2 flywheels didn`t work i would look elsewhere. i doubt fstrnu would rip you off. . even ones that rattle will work. 90% of the ones i take off have a rattle and they are running bikes.i would swap coils, cdi`s and stators 1 st from a friends bike. check all grounds, remove tors connections. start with the basics.

As long as there are magnets in the wheel, cracked, broken, or not................. The flywheel will work (maybe not a great idea to continmually run it like that).

He said the friends flywheel runs and he gets no spark with the other.

SP

Spurdy's right, I didnt fully explain all of what had been said in the pm's. I switched the new one with the original working one repeatedly and got no spark from the new one. I am not accusing him of ripping me off in any way. He seems to be a very helpful member and has been really nice to me personally. I am just looking for possible reasons why it doesnt work, things I may have overlooked. I guess USPS must have really banged it around or else I am missing something. Also, there is no rattle in the new one that doesnt work and the magnets appear to be strong.

-RM

Edited by pecanfmr