Best place to buy a Compression Gauge?

i got one from harbour fake it works just as good as the one from craftsman and was half the price. there are harbour fakes in westland and southgate

yea any screw in comp tester will suffice from an auto parts store, northern, harbor, ect. they arent all spot on, blut close enough. if you want a good one, order from snap on, mac, matco, ect remember if you have to use a threaded adaptor, see how many ccs it takes up cos that will throw you off quite a bit. I think its about 12psi avg per cc. so say if yout adaper had a volume of 2ccs on its own add 24psi to your gauge reading. 12 ISNT spot on, but an average.

Snap On is the standard in the Industry for accuracy. I have a box of junk used Craftsman, Harbors, Jet Star Razors edge, etcc.... that i wouldnt use on my lawn mower. :down:

Have also used some good Mac and Matco guages that seemed to read identical to my Snap On.

I have sent mine out several times to people who had Brand X and it always reads different (where it should be) than theirs.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I guess I'm going to check out ebay first and look for a good deal on a Snap-on, and look into Mac and Matco also.

I'm willing to spend $100 to maybe $140 for one.

But I found a Craftsman set for $59.99 with hoses, adapters, a case and all :confused: Should I get it?

You guys don't think that would be good enough? I mean I'm not running a shop here...lol

Thanks

-Ryan

Edited by AssWhore