how do i figure what size carbs i accuired

krispy05shee

im doin a frame up restore of a banshee i picked up bout a month ago.... scored another shee today real cheap im gonna steal the shears, motor, lockup, carbs, and swinger off of.. it has kehin flat slides on it but i dont know what size they r or if they r gonna be worth a shit.. can i measure the bore and stroke of the slides to find this? another question is.. it came with a small bore cub cylnder that they took off cuz it sliped the cir clip and put a couple small (not deep) scars in the cylinder. who in the midwest (live in kansas) can reseal this? or can i slap a new top end in it and hope it lasts? any help would be great!!! prob gonna be botherin you guys for a few months with this project.... been into alot of shee motors but new to the drag build! haha

Depends on how deep the scar is. If you can hang your finger nail on it...too deep.

You can always throw a ball hone through it (be sure to use solvent, WD40, Liquid wrench, PB Blaster) on the hone and see if it comes out.

As said, Jeff will point you in the right direction.

Worst case...you have to send the cylinder off to have it stripped and replated, it's a few hundred bucks.

As said, a set of micrometers from Harbor Freight (25 bucks) can tell you the ID of the carbs.

As said, a set of micrometers from Harbor Freight (25 bucks) can tell you the ID of the carbs.

If it's not obvious, the Harbor Freight micrometers are good for rough measurements and comparisons. They are not good enough to use to design/machine/inspect parts to........ :geek:

By no means are they machinist quality down to .000001.

For measuring things like float height, metering rod length, squish, drill indexes, etc., they are more than adequate.

I agree. However, for squish, I would like to see a better micrometer or a good (not Harbor Freight) set of calipers be used.

hey thanks guys! i talked to jeff at fast and he said it would be between $250-$ 350 to to fix the cub depending how bad it is.... no biggie what do think a i could get out of a set of stock cylinders(not ported),head,and topend that was running.