Cash for clunkers

black sunshine

Thinking about getting rid of the old girl, looking at a GMC Sierra w/4.8L. Looks like about 9K off sticker (39K) with incentives, but am I the only one that thinks 30K is still too damn much money for a run-of-the-mill pickup? I'd almost hate to buy a brand new truck cause in 6 or 7 years it'll have like 80K on it and the body will be rotting off due to all the salt on the roads from November thru May.

Thats way too much for a 4.8. You better start lookin elsewhere. You can get an LTZ 4 door with a 5.3 and active fuel managment over here for 30k.

Yeah thats no shit, that is way to much for a 4.8, and thats with 9k knocked off, guess I won't be getting a new truck if thats all you get for 30k anymore. Good Luck!!

Get me the VIN# if you can and I'll let you know what you should pay. I'm a salesman at a GM dealership and can pull the invoice to let you know if the dealer is giving you a discount on top of the rebates or not.

O, and for $39,000 you should be looking at an LTZ for sure.... for about $35,000 you can get into an LT2 package with a 5.3L

Edited by blackedout96

Get me the VIN# if you can and I'll let you know what you should pay. I'm a salesman at a GM dealership and can pull the invoice to let you know if the dealer is giving you a discount on top of the rebates or not.

O, and for $39,000 you should be looking at an LTZ for sure.... for about $35,000 you can get into an LT2 package with a 5.3L

I know who to talk to now when I look for one. :biggrin:

I thought the deal was was only good on certon cars... I dont think you can pick out any car or truck you want. I could be wrong thow.

Ditto...

I thought the whole cash for clunkers deal was to get gas guzzlers off the road and replace them with more fuel efficient cars.

Are trucks included in this deal?

Ditto...

I thought the whole cash for clunkers deal was to get gas guzzlers off the road and replace them with more fuel efficient cars.

Are trucks included in this deal?

If you log onto gmc.com or gm.com they have you enter your trade-in info and it brings up vehicles that qualify. For trucks, it only has to get 2 mpg better fuel milage. People are bitching that it should be more like 10 mpg, but as it stands it is basically an economy booster. Read somewhere that 53% of the vehicles being bought with this are imports. :down:

Trucks are in a different category than cars. The guidelines for qualification on trucks based on gas mileage are a lot lighter than for a car. There are some scenarios in which you will only need to go up by 1mpg to qualify for $3500 and 5mpg to qualify for $4500. Go to cars.gov and click on the MPG ratings link and follow the prompts. That'll tell you exactly what you qualify for.

• 2 weeks later...