v- force 2s

gbody

After reading some of these post I realize that the screws backing out on the v-force 2s is common , I was just wondering if there was a way to fix this problem with out buying a new set of reeds, if any of you have any tricks or ideas please let me know. This is the 4th time, mine have came loose. Next I may try some JB weld to hold them in. :confused:

Blue is megium, red is high (stud&brg), and I think there is (green) . Don't remember think it was used for sled clutches. Clean cage and screws REAL good. Try Google Loctite. Just did for you. Green #2-1/2 screws hand tool removal, blue 3/8 -3/4 hand tool, red 1/2-up heat required for removal. MHO I would use red. Just clean real good, no oil.

i thought green was the real strong shit, i would use the red also every banshee owner should have a tube of that my bike rattles everything loose. i have never had an issue with my screws backing out on the vforce2s check to see if the threads are stripped.

Green is retaining compound. Anything smaller then an M4 metal to metal likely wont come apart even with heat. The plastic cage of the V force you might get away with but I would for sure use something with a good head for removing in case you need to change petals. I've never had an issue with red locktight and SHCS.

SP

I'm affraid to use red loctite with small bolt in case of they jam together. Do you think blue locktite will be sufficient ?

I would only use red in this application. The petroleum works against the compound, plus you'll likely not get the surfaces clean enough to secure an adequate bond. I've always used red here and never had an issue.

SP

i worked at a ge jet engine plant for a couple of weeks and one of the guy's assembling them gave me a bottle of green locktite.it's bad ass but don't use it on aluminum.i use it on flywheel nuts and clutch baskets.everything else gets blue or red.try some red on those petals.