banshee vs 250r vs 450s vs 400ex

250R hands down. The 450's are badass but for $2000 you will get junk.

I have a 250R that I bought for my wife to ride and unless I am duning or drag racing, I prefer to ride the 250r. Still one of the best handling quads ever built and it won't cost you $1000 or more when it blows like a 4 stroke. And a 250R is the only 2-stroke I have ever ridden that you can lug in the lower R's hit the gas and take right off. One of the greatest all round machines built!

250r!!!!! i hade one and i loved it!!! i put a 310 esr cylinder on it with the econo port and the thing was torqy as shit but still had enough top end to drag once in awhile. great trail bike and runner! best handling out of any bike ive road and the only 2 stroke ive been able to to just lug around on and be able to snap out of it. u can find one for a good price to.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just went to go look at the z400...pretty clean bike, little surface rust here and there from sitting outside...will need a chain/sprocket soon, maybe a rear rotor, definitly needs a carb rebuild...no title...full skids, ac nerfs, yosh pipe...said he will take 1350 no less

tried to start it on old ass gas, ran for 2 seconds and dies.

For that price, You can't beat the suzuki. I have a 250R for a second bike, and its fun as hell. 310 big bore, ported, set up for sand only. Bike rides like a trophy truck. If you get a chance to ride one, check it out. :evil:

ok so i bought the suzuki, very clean bike, came with full skid plates, pro armor nerfs, yoshi slip on, loading ramps for the truck, new battery, a helmet, a new suzuki oil filter, and a gas can all for 1300!

i cleaned out the carb/gas can/new fluids/charged the battery

started right up! went for a ride and it has a bad sputter/popping down low..i have to mess with the fuel screw a little

but man you said the 250r would be down on power? i feel like i am crawiling with the suzuki, lol. i had it pinned in 5th and it felt like a sunday cruise lol.

a little tinkering and it should be good to go. but heres the kicker, a 250r i was originally looking at email me back saying he is looking to trade for a running 400. now i got this baby cheap, fixed it up, got some extras, should i swap for a 250r? i want something trail friendly, can mess around on in the yard/fields, practice some wheelies on (banshee is a no no for wheelies for me) and just have fun on. i also want to be able to keep up with the pack.

here is some info on the 250r i was looking at:

'87 Honda 250R.

-fresh rebuilt motor

-new crank and rod

-new piston and cylinder

-includes both black and extra white plastics and extra set of tires

-many spare parts also included

here is a pic of it:

3n63ma3p9ZZZZZZZZZ96o33707b02dad110.jpg

and the only pic of the suzuki:

z4002.jpg

No keep the suzuki.

trying to make a banshee have low end money is a waste of money imo. With a 2 in1 and all the crap you gonna buy, you are almost have the price of a used 400ex. And a 400ex will almost always have WAY more TQ than a banshee. Basically, you want TQ for playing/trails, keep the 4 stroke. even 450's feel like they run out of steam on top compared to a banshee. That's just the nature of them.

So the weekends here, got the 400 running pretty good. Worked out all the kinks.

Now this guy with the 250r wants to trade straight up. He wants to meet up tomorrow.

What should I do? Keep the 400 or trade for the r?

So the weekends here, got the 400 running pretty good. Worked out all the kinks.

Now this guy with the 250r wants to trade straight up. He wants to meet up tomorrow.

What should I do? Keep the 400 or trade for the r?

I would get the 250r since you always wanted one. If you dont want it, there are plenty of people who will take it off your hands...those things sell fast. I always wanted one too.

I have only ridden a z400 once and it was the last time I cared to. They are nowhere near the 450's or the 250R for that matter. I have to disagree w/Meat on the lack of power on a 250R. A stockish piped R is not far behind a stockish piped Banshee. As a matter of fact when I take my wifes R to the dunes I usually make a few passes on it and usually whoop up on the stock banshees, 400's, etc. It hangs w/the Banshees cause it just plain shifts better. I can hammer through the gears with the throttle pinned on an R. The way the R was designed, they actually have some power off the low end as well. Much longer stroke and bigger piston than a Banshee.

I have a z400 that I road for a long time before I got my shee. There fun to wheelie in, and do that kind of riding but I felt that they way the suspension was set up really killed me through the woods. My shee road better than it did with 10 year old stock shocks and +2 arms. They are a lot of fun though and are good all around bikes. The 250r would be cool because you know a 2 stroke inside and out and I don't know if you can say the same about a 4 stroke. I was also only 16 when I managed to bend the axle, subframe, handlebars, and a few other things the first month I had it(It all happened at once though.) and on flat ground.... :blink: .

Plus you get get a 250r engine rebuilt for a lot less than z400 engine...right? Well good luck with your decision and get some bigger pics of the 250r if you pick it up.