PIngel Leaking

what have any of you used to stop a pingel from leaking? mines leaking from the rubber seal in between the pingel and the tank, tighten it, it gets worse, took it off, cleand it, inspected rubber gasket, nothing????? even cut a intertube off a bike and doubld it up and it still leaks......damn near cost me a race last night. Do they have some kinda sealant i can put in between rubber gasket an tank??? and why woud it just start? its beeen fine and over night it leaked about 20 dollars worth of race fuel on the carport

Actually i never touched it, just started leaking, not like its pouring out, but a constant drip from between the tank and the gasket, someone told me ultra black sealant avail from any auto parts store, i got some and im ltting it sit now......ill post results

Better than half of the pingels I've installed have leaked right off the bat. The sealing surface on the tank is likely warped. Tightening it more will just push the gasket out and cause it to leak worse. Many silicones are not very good with gas and will eventually break down. I have had luck in the past draw fileing and flat sanding the sealing surface of the tanks.

Correct me if im wrong its been awhile since I installed mine but isnt there a part that threds on. Like the valve is 2 pieces. I believe I also used teflon tape on the threads of that part. How big did you cut up the tank to install it? maybe the whole is too big? I would try cylicone.

If you have some yamabond or equivalent laying around, pull the pingle off file the tank flat like Slo said and use a little of the bond to run a bead and replace it. Also it is common that they leak from the threads, so you might drop a little thread sealant on there as well.

Mine also leaked. I took it off, applied some hi-temp RTV, allowing it to setup up for a bit. Tightened her down and haven't had a problem since. Its been fine since this past winter, and looks to be a good solution!