hjr 421 cub

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey blanco, the other 421 he was talking about"was mine'. It came in at 83.7. Next time you run it there watch the drum, noticed tire smoke coming from there,like it couldn't keep up with the tires. :biggrin:

how did you like those guys at pure evil jeff?

thanks mans, having them take care of some loose ends, and i should see 100 hp. i did just blow the bike up this weekend though. i fuckin pissed. i just put out 4500 for the new motor and another 1100 in the last week to get her in top shape, and now its time to start over. turns out i was running the wrong plugs, domes, timing, and jetting was way off for alky. i hope it'll get figured out soon.

thanks mans, having them take care of some loose ends, and i should see 100 hp. i did just blow the bike up this weekend though. i fuckin pissed. i just put out 4500 for the new motor and another 1100 in the last week to get her in top shape, and now its time to start over. turns out i was running the wrong plugs, domes, timing, and jetting was way off for alky. i hope it'll get figured out soon.

Sorry to hear that! I'm a chicken shit to leave the race fuel for the alky.

yeah that sucks bro. when i first built my cheetah in '05, my first trip to the dunes a plug came loose and the motor ran lean. i was able to run it the next dune trip, but the damage was done.. i had to have it bored, nikasil'd etc.. very costly (when they re-nikasil, the process takes the polish off the cylinders.) but after that i never had any issues, and i run the hell out of the motor. new pistons, reeds, and clutches in '07.

i'm curious what my motor does on pure evil's dyno. did you have knobbies or dyno tires mounted?

Sorry to hear that! I'm a chicken shit to leave the race fuel for the alky.

was fast as fuck for about 6 seconds, kinda scared me. thought it was going to be cheaper to run :mad: , ill be the guinea pigs for our motors in vegas on alky. ill keep you posted.

yeah that sucks bro. when i first built my cheetah in '05, my first trip to the dunes a plug came loose and the motor ran lean. i was able to run it the next dune trip, but the damage was done.. i had to have it bored, nikasil'd etc.. very costly (when they re-nikasil, the process takes the polish off the cylinders.) but after that i never had any issues, and i run the hell out of the motor. new pistons, reeds, and clutches in '07.

i'm curious what my motor does on pure evil's dyno. did you have knobbies or dyno tires mounted?

They run all bikes with the flat track style tires.

dyno tires slicks. they said they get the dyno checked regulary by dynojet down the street. they compared powerhouses, atv cycle sports, and quadmania. on average 10-15 horsepower higher on others dyno's. i didn't even have alky domes. i was running 127 compression in the cylinders. hit them up if your close on jetting it should be relatively inexpensive to dyno yours if your interested.

don't take this the wrong way but sounds like the guys at the dynoed might of had it tuned good for a 90sec dyno pull but not for a wide open run out in the dunes.with alky that couple hp gain from running it on the edge isn't worth blowing the motor up.run it fat it will just blow the extra out the pipes!