what is the downside to a stroker motor

You will pitch sand farther, and if there is a rock in the sand, it stands a greater chance of hitting someone's girlfriend due to its increased velocity and subsequent range. The downside is the potential beatdown you may incur.

To answer your question on the banshee with a GSXR 1000 engine, It can be done. The cost is probably way more but to me it would probably be worth it. You could probably sell it for more but then again a fast a** stroke engine would be pretty sick. Or you can always go CRANKENSTEIN LOL. Look them up and that would change your mind fast.

GSXR 1000 on Banshee http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANS...634950QQptZATVs

As for are they reliable? Any engine has its ups and down. Were talking about a 2 stroke engine not a 4. Of course the risk of building it a lot has a high chance. But that's what you get when you get a race motor. The good thing about these are if you build them right they can and will last long. You may be thinking about drag people who when they race their Banshee after like the 4th run they rebuild them lol. That's because they decided to go straight drag and BADASS. If you are worried of it blowing they I advise you to get rid of it. When I got mine it blew up like 3 months later and I was pissed but now I really don't care when you ride its all worth it lol.

not worried too much about blowing it up, just what direction do I go when it does, or should I just do it now and forget about it?

I am going to just ride it till it dies, then go stroker. have fun with what it has, when it dies, build it better, stronger, faster....

not worried too much about blowing it up, just what direction do I go when it does, or should I just do it now and forget about it?

I am going to just ride it till it dies, then go stroker. have fun with what it has, when it dies, build it better, stronger, faster....

Probably best thing you could do. Until that does I would start building everything else. As in getting new carbs, cool head, domes, reeds, pipes etc.

I just seen a modded 660 this weekend smoke some heavily worked bikes b/c it was hooking up like crazy.

Only drawback I see is cost. I am content with the power I have on a ported motor. If my motor ever blows, I will upgrade to a 4mill.

Yeah, Jason's Raptor does really well and he is only running 7 paddle Haulers! If your already building a motor the cost difference isn't that great. A stock crank over a 4 mil long rod crank is only a few bucks. Porting is the same price. Pistons are within a few bucks. Domes are only a few bucks more. Carbs and pipes are rider preference. Now, if you have a good running stock motor and just want to upgrade to a 4 mil that changes things. Now you have to buy all this in addition to what you already have that is in good shape. As far as a downside, I don't see one in my case. This is my first season on my 4 mil but once tuned in I haven't had any issues.

SP