Why doesn't my jets seem right

Ok, I went through the troubles of jetting my quad and I finally got it close i think. My question is why do my jets seem to be alot lower than everyone elses.

I have:

Paul turner mids

Uni air filter with air box lid removed

540 ft above sea level.

I am running a 200 main and a 25 pilot.

I tried a 210 and it smoked really bad.

My numbers seem much lower than everyone else but my quad runs really good the way it is now. it will idle really well and everything. why is my numbers so much different

With 200 mains, pipes with an open air box you are gonna melt that thing for sure. the amount of smoke is not a jetting guide. You need to get in the ballpark range and do some plug chops.

If that was my motor I would not even start it.

With 200 mains, pipes with an open air box you are gonna melt that thing for sure. the amount of smoke is not a jetting guide. You need to get in the ballpark range and do some plug chops.

If that was my motor I would not even start it.

yeah thats what i was thinking also. thanks

Doing plug chops tomorrow...Starting with 280 and working my way down

Good idea.

Also check your reads too, like i said before in the chat room.

Keep us updated man.

Good idea.

Also check your reads too, like i said before in the chat room.

Keep us updated man.

Here ya go man I took the reads off and got some pics for ya. I dont really know what i am looking for so tell me if they are good or not.

sdc10836t.jpg

sdc10837r.jpg

sdc10838n.th.jpg

Edited by swhitey917

Well from the pics they look fine BUT it is kinda hard to see any lil cracks and nicks on the end of the reed petals in the pics, you will have to go look at them all close.

Just look for cracks, breaks, nicks and see if the petals are lifting off the cage. They should completely sit flush on the cages.

:thumbsup:

Edited by savage420

Well from the pics they look fine BUT it is kinda hard to see any lil cracks and nicks on the end of the reed petals in the pics, you will have to go look at them all close.

Just look for cracks, breaks, nicks and see if the petals are lifting off the cage. They should completely sit flush on the cages.

:thumbsup:

Ok i looked them over and they seem fine. I was just making sure they were good before I start going to bigger jets. I am going to start doing that now

Man you should be able to just pull a plug and see if the porcelain part is gray or light tan color dont go by smoke at all. The porcelain should be a little brown. Wide open throttle and 200s should not smoke at all it should burn up and pop on ya. Make sure it isnt burning coolant or something.

Man you should be able to just pull a plug and see if the porcelain part is gray or light tan color dont go by smoke at all. The porcelain should be a little brown. Wide open throttle and 200s should not smoke at all it should burn up and pop on ya. Make sure it isnt burning coolant or something.

I was doing that man and the part was a black color thats why it was like this. It is not burning coolant i have checked that.

I put 270 in and it started right up and then i shut her off. I will have to do the plug chopping tomorrow. I had to run to the hospital to see my grandpa so my day got a little delayed.