35mm pwk VS airstrikers

So i was stuck between regular 35's and airstrikers, I ended up buying both.

The airstrikers where alittle tricky to jet at first, I did alot of research and found that they like SMALL jets and that they do.

I though this would help some people out in the future with airstrikers, rather than going crazy like Sleeper06 and I did jetting this bike.

With 35's I would have been at 158-162 main and 48-52 pilot

Airstrikers- Im at 135 main and 38 pilot .

Im still rich, just order 128-132 mains.

Mods- PASSION 4mil aggressive trail dune port/ported cases 35mm air-strikers- vf3's- CPI's- 185psi

My bike is a monster, I was worried about not having any bottom end, I can limp around in any gear, snap the throttle and its right there.

Bike stands straight up in 4th with very little effort, and it just keeps pulling.

very impressive from bottom to top for just a little 4mil

Passion and FAST couldnt believe that the air strikers like such small jets, When i spoke to them, neither of them had much experience with these carbs. I was told to call them back and let them kno where i ended up, so that they know for future reference.

Im selling my other set of 35's if anyone is interested.

Joseph

What needle did you have in the 35PWKs and what needle do you have in the Airstrikers? I am curious to see if they use different needles...

I have a 38PWK airstriker on my dune ported ATC-R, and I had to try a couple needles to find the one that worked well...

I never put the 35's on the shee, I bought them in the event that i didnt like the air-strikers.

I have CEL needles in the air strikers, from what i have been told and what i have read, the CEL needles seem to be the sweet spot for these carbs.

So how much for the regular 35's?

Sorry bro I cant pm you. HQ has some stupid shit now, can only PM every 10mins or something like that.

Ill take 250 shipped. no throttle cable

If you kno what jetting will get you close, I may be able to throw them in there for ya.

Also they came from kevin @ HERRS JUGS and he cut the springs so its easier on your thumb

Can you email some pics to dontneedthis2@hotmail.com please. I need to look at my PJ's and see what jets are in it and i'm guessing it would be damn close to those. I'll take 'em though, email me some pics and your paypal addy.

You will have to wait till tom for pics. They look like everyother set of PWK's

I have done lots of transactions on this site and wouldnt screw anyone, they are still in the box that i got them in. I didnt even use them

I bought them from 91tsiawd, I will try and find the pics though.

Check them out here, only 5 rides on them.

Look how clean and mint all his other stuff was.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=91tsiawd

Edited by wacko2000

Great Joesph now you got me wondering about my new setup. I just went with a Graydon 2-1 with a Airstriker. All the jetting recommendations I've read are for a standard pwk 35 not the airstriker. I wondering how far i'll be off with what came with it; 185 main, 45 pilot, and an oddball needle DGN (leaner then what has been suggested to run).

Should be interesting if this applies to the single setup as well (i don't see why it won't), kinda sucks tho because I just ordered up more jets and needles.

Matt

What altitude are you jetting at. I have new setup that is almost same as yours and slowly getting it dialed with the 35 strykers. With the t5s, stock cylinder with agressive mid -top porting, 17cc big bore dome, 4 deg timing, vf3s, prodesign manifold with boost bottle and reed spacers, 4 mil 115 rod and 68.75 blaster pistons with boost port mod. Im at 800 ft and have cel needle 3rd clip. 48 pilot ( too rich ) 2 turns out, 155 main. Runs strong but still too rich. Thinking 150-152. Still in breakin period. Your numbers seem very low but first time with strykers nervous going so low.

My bike was soo rich at first that we could barely get it to idle, had the idles all the way. Had no idle adjustment until we started dropping the jets.

The bike just got better and better. It idles PERFECT and starts first kick.

Im at sea level but would say that i ride around 800ft also.

Have you done any plug chops?

Im running straight 110 octane, I was told that you can't plug chop with race fuel, everything has to be done by feel.

My35.5mm airstrykers came with DEG needles which was jacked up and needed 135 mainjets but real fat 60 pilots.when I switched to cel needles it was right on and needed 148s to 155s depending on which pipes I has on and 48 pilots. 135s with the cels would have been very lean.

My bike was soo rich at first that we could barely get it to idle, had the idles all the way. Had no idle adjustment until we started dropping the jets.

The bike just got better and better. It idles PERFECT and starts first kick.

Im at sea level but would say that i ride around 800ft also.

Have you done any plug chops?

Im running straight 110 octane, I was told that you can't plug chop with race fuel, everything has to be done by feel.

Have not done any plug chops yet. I run straight 112 pro race fuel ( unleaded ). Hoping to go and try this weekend. I had the cylinders bored to 66.5 and the machine shop set it up with .004" clearance on pro x cast pistons and she blew the intake skirt off the left cylinder and the rt was cracked between the boost ports. Was running 148 on both carbs. When I tore it down, the rt plug was beige in colour. Pretty fine line if you ask me but it when like a scared rabbit! I had them rebore with wisecos this time at .002" so we will see how it is now.