IDEAS FOR NEW INNOVATIONS TO BE ENGINEERED/MANUFACTURED

I'd like to see some better aftermarket doo-dahs for semi-trucks........... No one in the NAFTA market does a very good job in this area and with trucks becoming more standardized and car-like, there may be an opportunity there.

I'd also like to see some stainless steel in-frame Banshee expansion chambers............ but I would also like a solid gold toilet. I don't think I will ever see either one. :confused:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see some better aftermarket doo-dahs for semi-trucks........... No one in the NAFTA market does a very good job in this area and with trucks becoming more standardized and car-like, there may be an opportunity there.

I'd also like to see some stainless steel in-frame Banshee expansion chambers............ but I would also like a solid gold toilet. I don't think I will ever see either one. :confused:

You might give me some more info on your truck markets. Not too familiar with them but interested.

B

I am sure there is a gold toilet in the Middle East somewhere (well, maybe a gold "bomb site"), but I thought Trinity made stainless steel pipes?

I am sure there is a gold toilet in the Middle East somewhere (well, maybe a gold "bomb site"), but I thought Trinity made stainless steel pipes?

Trinity makes one line of stainless pipes, but the are more T5-like with regard to performance. I would much rather like to see something CPI'ish.

I never thought about a solid gold toilet being in an OPEC country..... Maybe I'll have to see if I can find one there. However, that is certainly a long way for me to go inorder to shop off the monkey tail.

You might give me some more info on your truck markets. Not too familiar with them but interested.

B

The way I see it, most heavy truck manufacturers are moving to fewer, more automitive -like, lines of truck with house branded engines. All that means that there is more commonality across platforms.

No one does a very good job of putting together any sorts of resonable aftermarket parts for heavy trucks that I am awayre of. Most of what is available are lights and chromed OEM'ish parts.

One could take a que from the pickup truck aftermarket immediatly establish a market presence with $300 or less parts that add billet or style to a heavy truck. Billet door handles, knobs, covers, and chassis dress items would sell pretty well, especially if they can fit a multitude of applications.

Another area that is not approached very well is aftermarket performance items for heavy trucks. Most guys only do exhaust and high hp/torque factory fuel map since there is not much available. Air Filters and intake components could sell well, especially if they reminded folks of aftermarket car parts.

That's just my $.02

The way I see it, most heavy truck manufacturers are moving to fewer, more automitive -like, lines of truck with house branded engines. All that means that there is more commonality across platforms.

No one does a very good job of putting together any sorts of resonable aftermarket parts for heavy trucks that I am awayre of. Most of what is available are lights and chromed OEM'ish parts.

One could take a que from the pickup truck aftermarket immediatly establish a market presence with $300 or less parts that add billet or style to a heavy truck. Billet door handles, knobs, covers, and chassis dress items would sell pretty well, especially if they can fit a multitude of applications.

Another area that is not approached very well is aftermarket performance items for heavy trucks. Most guys only do exhaust and high hp/torque factory fuel map since there is not much available. Air Filters and intake components could sell well, especially if they reminded folks of aftermarket car parts.

That's just my $.02

To be honest, I don;t know a damn thing about the certrain models of trucks, etc. We would be most inclined to build components that are interchangable between models. Do you have some example models to look up? I would have to go visit some dealers for sure I would think but that might be the way to go... Get the dealers involved.

B

What about making parts for the sidexside market like the Rhino and RZR-S?

Snop, we have looked hard ar the market but have not decided what would fit our business best. We have plenty of suspension design experience but there seems to be every top/dick/harry with a welder making the stuff. Shocks are a firm area of interest for us because of our experience in previous designing. I think we can make some fair improvements over many designs there.

Regarding engine mods for them, we have not honestly looked hard enough to see our own path on that just yet. So many markets, so little time I guess.

B

To be honest, I don;t know a damn thing about the certrain models of trucks, etc. We would be most inclined to build components that are interchangable between models. Do you have some example models to look up? I would have to go visit some dealers for sure I would think but that might be the way to go... Get the dealers involved.

B

I would got the the Frieghtliner or Volvo website and check out their new models. Porbably the model of interest on the Freightliner site would be the Cascadia. :cool:

I think that I may have an idea in mind for your company:

Banshee fan cooling system that looks goes as well as cools the darned radiator well.

It must include a extended radiater cover tha goes with the banshee lines it alreqady has.

http://www.banshee-cooling.com/

This is the closest that I have seen but it looks like crap without a cover shroud that would make it more asthetically pleasing.

Just a thought. :cool:

Edited by R. Rollins

I think that I may have an idea in mind for your company:

Banshee fan cooling system that looks goes as well as cools the darned radiator well.

It must include a extended radiater cover tha goes with the banshee lines it alreqady has.

http://www.banshee-cooling.com/

This is the closest that I have seen but it looks like crap without a cover shroud that would make it more asthetically pleasing.

Just a thought. :cool:

LOL :yelrotflmao: What is wrong with that one???

There are certain design limitations with that one but I will admit, it should be considered. The banshee plastics really don't help the situation either!

B

Im thinking more along the lines of things like replacement aluminum fuel pickups to replace the stock plastic ones that break. CVT intake ducts that are made of aluminum and have cleanable filters. There are a lot of areas in the side by side market that have not been touched yet. All that stuff was things I had to make myself for my rhino.