PORTING!

Okay fella's, heres the deal..... i cant pick a builder to do a 4mil. i know everyone is different and everyones prices r different to, but i dont really know who does the best work?!

Here r my options that i wana go with:

Wildcard Racing: i really wana go with brandon but the price kinda shews me away and i need some more info from his customers

FAST: sounds like jeff knows his shit, but who will beat who? FAST or Wildcard?

M&M ATV: andy has the lowest price but idk how good his work is

Port Magic: ive seen some of their bikes run but once again idk whos better and faster?

HerrJuggs: i dont really know much about him but i heard wildcards stuff waxed him.

i dont guys so let me know!

thanks, brandon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to see HJR's setup get waxed in person to believe it...

His shit runs, and takes the back seat to nobody. And if the customer service is topped, I'd eat crow.

Out of those choices, Jeff or Kevin.

agree 100% with everything tree said.

What did Brandon quote you... it shouldnt be far off from jeff or kevin, I personally use Brandon great guy, he did my wrok back in I think november and he still helps me whenever I need it, great guy, another person I know got a 4mil. done by him not to long ago and loved it... he does great work though and will go out of the way to make sure your happy and its done right

Rudy Kurtz is semi-retired. If you know him, or know someone who knows him...he might do a buddy deal.

He moved recently to be closer to his daughter I believe...and it only doing a little bit of "buddy" work right now.

I've run against some buddies that have FAST motors, they rip. Both a 4 mil cub and a dune port stock cylinder.

Jeff is a great guy to deal with, very, very fair pricing.

I just had my Herr Jugs ported 10 mil cub out the first time a few weekends ago. With only a few hours of tuning/gearing/air pressure on a complete freshen up and port job, I've gone faster than I've ever gone both ET and MPH.

I have tuning left to do, and I'm very happy so far. I also got a few more tricks up my sleeve to get my ETs down.

I had my motor to him and back in 2 weeks. That's unheard of.

Andy @ M&M seems like a very nice guy, but I don't know his pricing and have never personally seen his stuff run around here in MI.

Same could be said for Brandon @ Wildcard.

Racers are a touchy bunch...you have to be a little careful saying who smoked who.

Getting a motor done by anyone is only PART of the puzzle. Final tune is on the rider.

When I first got my motor back from HJR...it was in need of complete retune on my carbs.

If someone with a strong running stock cylinder would've raced me...they would've beat me.

Does that mean they're faster? No...it just means I needed to tune...which I did.

My first few passes were mid 4 second passes (I was a consistent 4.3 last year, some 4.2s)

Within a few more passes I was going 4.2s and pulled out a 4.17.

Tuning and setup is the biggest thing, followed by rider ability...

Tuning and setup is the biggest thing, followed by rider ability...

Yep, like Dave said, you can take a very strong running motor and it will run like shit if it isn't tuned correctly or lose in a race if it isn't set up correctly. Through no fault of the builder at all.

SP

Edited by spurdy

If this is going to be a drag motor.

Out of the builders listed. My vote goes to Rudy Kurtz.

I rode with a guy who had a Rudy Kurtz ported stock cylinder engine. It ripped... :thumbsup:

I kinda got the impression that Rudy was working on a who-you-know basis, but that is just the way it sounded form one conversation with one guy...

im not trying to undermind what any of these guys said about these builders. which are all awesome from what ive heard. but my good friend did my porting hes real good and has a shit ton of experiance. mine rips like no other now and i do alot of hill shootin. heres his website for you to check out. hes good priced

http://www.gtravisracing.com/index.html