POD Filters

I wanted to get some opinions on POD filters from the community here. Ive heard some good about them, but I'm not sure that removing the airbox is a good idea. I have an 01 banshee, soon to be .020 over, t5's, coolhead, vf3, +4 timing, with stock carbs for now.. Is it worth stripping the airbox and risking the filter getting soaked? Uni or KN? Should i wait til i upgrade carbs? Or should i stay stock or what? Thanks in advance.

Edited by banshee513

I held off on the K&N's for a long time just running a Pro-flo adapter w/ Uni and no lid. Just this season I threw on some K&N clamp on pods rejetted and damn it was like I pulled a cork out of her, I wish I would have done it alot earlier. Unless you are one of those idiots that thinks his banshee is a 4x4 driving through tons of mud and water...you can do with out the airbox. With Outerwares on they will take some splashes and just beed up and roll off, you just don't want to get them soaked.

Welcome to the HQ :thumbsup:

I held off on the K&N's for a long time just running a Pro-flo adapter w/ Uni and no lid. Just this season I threw on some K&N clamp on pods rejetted and damn it was like I pulled a cork out of her, I wish I would have done it alot earlier. Unless you are one of those idiots that thinks his banshee is a 4x4 driving through tons of mud and water...you can do with out the airbox. With Outerwares on they will take some splashes and just beed up and roll off, you just don't want to get them soaked.

Welcome to the HQ :thumbsup:

Thanks... haha

Its not a 4x4, but im not afraid to play in the woods, or get wet...

Have you heard anything about the Uni Pod filters flowing better than the K&N's? I suppose the KN's would hold up better to rain and weather.

Ohh, and did you check my "joined date", just never posted til now. Most of the time someone has already asked what I'm looking for.. Great website for valuable info...

Edited by banshee513

Get an outerwears cover for the airbox if you are worried about pods getting wet. It gives you an open airbox with some protection if water splashes up there. Its not like you are gonna just turn around and go home if the trail has muddy sections or crosses a stream.

Like you said its not a 4x4, but im not afraid to play in the woods, or get wet...

Get an outerwears cover for the airbox if you are worried about pods getting wet. It gives you an open airbox with some protection if water splashes up there. Its not like you are gonna just turn around and go home if the trail has muddy sections or crosses a stream.

Like you said its not a 4x4, but im not afraid to play in the woods, or get wet...

Im not sure what you mean an "outerwears cover for the airbox"? R u saying to cut (not remove) the airbox to fit the pod filters? And to put outwears on the pod filters? Scrap the lid? Or am I missing what youre talkin about?

Anyone use the Uni pod filters? Heard the K&Ns can let dust particles in.. I live in southern ohio, dust could be an issue at time, i.e. Haspin

Thanks for the input

Im not sure what you mean an "outerwears cover for the airbox"? R u saying to cut (not remove) the airbox to fit the pod filters? And to put outwears on the pod filters? Scrap the lid? Or am I missing what youre talkin about?

Anyone use the Uni pod filters? Heard the K&Ns can let dust particles in.. I live in southern ohio, dust could be an issue at time, i.e. Haspin

Thanks for the input

You can purchase an outerwears cover that fits on your airbox with velcro in place of the cover.

You can purchase an outerwears cover that fits on your airbox with velcro in place of the cover.

I just put K&N's on mine and love them. I bought from mike@inlandatv.com off of ebay. Came with outerwares and coolant overflow relocation bracket. I say give it a try. You will love them

I just put K&N's on mine and love them. I bought from mike@inlandatv.com off of ebay. Came with outerwares and coolant overflow relocation bracket. I say give it a try. You will love them

I just ordered some pods too.

How many sizes on the mains you guys go up? 1 or 2?

I just ordered some pods too.

How many sizes on the mains you guys go up? 1 or 2?

I did pods and pro circuit pipes and went from a 210 to a 320

other mods that I have dont require a jet change unless necessary.