beat by a suzuki 400z?!?!

hey ya'll im new to the banshee thing. always wanted one. finally got one. and got beat by a 400z..

whats wrong with it the z was stock. i have fmf gnarlys, powercore 2's, v-force reeds, kn filter, 260 mains(im thinkin a little lean) 27.5pilots, screws 2 turns out,14-41 gearing. seemed to be working great till i raced. seemed a little sluggish from idle to powerband but i figured that was a 2 stroke thing. couple times it was spitting coolant from the overflow hose on the rad. is this just a jetting problem do i need a rebuild. i dont think its ever been done. its an 02.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not the best rider but i can make them go good enough. u would have to be sleeping to not be able to beat a 400z with a banshee. the 400z was my own and all my buddies have 700 raptors and 450r so i had to be good or im always in the dust. the shifting was quick i had a good start everytime. eaven when i was in 6th he was still pullin away and i was screaming or so it seamed. i know something isnt right i just dont know what.

what could it be? out of my list of mods does it sound like im lean or could that make that much of a difference. i thaught it was workin real good when i was ridin alone. i havnt checked my comp could that be a problem. i noticed one of my reeds has a little gap but very little other than that the look good. it doesnt seem like the clutch is slipping

im new to this site but have been ridind banshees for years. you said sluggish off the start,,,,,first problem right there,,,a bone stock banshee off the start revved correctly and let loose in the powerband will not be sluggish at all,,,it should scream and kill any stock 400 out there,,,,im not tryin do down you at all cause for one, im new here and for another some do on this site to newbies(no offense but true), either your shee runs like shit or you dont know how to ride,,,,again,,,no offense.......what do you mean when you say sluggish? i got a 410 stroker right now but my previous banshee had a stock motor with pipes only and off the start, revved and go, there should be no (sluggishness) at all.....just my 02.cents,,,anyone disagree?

im new to this site but have been ridind banshees for years. you said sluggish off the start,,,,,first problem right there,,,a bone stock banshee off the start revved correctly and let loose in the powerband will not be sluggish at all,,,it should scream and kill any stock 400 out there,,,,im not tryin do down you at all cause for one, im new here and for another some do on this site to newbies(no offense but true), either your shee runs like shit or you dont know how to ride,,,,again,,,no offense.......what do you mean when you say sluggish? i got a 410 stroker right now but my previous banshee had a stock motor with pipes only and off the start, revved and go, there should be no (sluggishness) at all.....just my 02.cents,,,anyone disagree?

its been years since ive been on a 2 stroke im not sure if its normal or not. i gotta rev it a bit before i take off but once it its rollin it seems to work good. it just doesnt have as much as my 400 i know this is not normal. and if im climbing a hill and let off too much it will die and i have to pull the clutch and get the revs back up and it will go again. i would think there would be no way to lose power with one of these in second. it seems to run smooth but tops out real quick.

no offense you probly cant drive if im going up a hill and it dies i down shift allong with allot of peaple. and maybe the 400 is worked and nobudy told you but i thought you said it was your 400 so? shees are not that slow. you should be able to win. when i start i rev my shit and dump it in 2nd or rd depnding on my riding conditions and im mad light so thats why i start in 3rd. but your shee sounds ok practice and learn your limits

well its easy to lose power in 2nd while climbing a hill,,,if you pull the clutch in and are climbing a hill you lose it right there,,,you have to have rpms up and let loose on it again to compensate for the lack of momentum, and remember,,, you cant just slip the clutch at low rpm's and expect a 2 stroke to just scream,,,,,you gotta crank on that throttled and hang on!

no offense you probly cant drive if im going up a hill and it dies i down shift allong with allot of peaple. and maybe the 400 is worked and nobudy told you but i thought you said it was your 400 so? shees are not that slow. you should be able to win. when i start i rev my shit and dump it in 2nd or rd depnding on my riding conditions and im mad light so thats why i start in 3rd. but your shee sounds ok practice and learn your limits

dumpin it in 3rd huh? that must be some really loose dirt with shit tires,,,,,,,,lol. im not tryin to be a dick but damn......

well its easy to lose power in 2nd while climbing a hill,,,if you pull the clutch in and are climbing a hill you lose it right there,,,you have to have rpms up and let loose on it again to compensate for the lack of momentum, and remember,,, you cant just slip the clutch at low rpm's and expect a 2 stroke to just scream,,,,,you gotta crank on that throttled and hang on!

ok i get that u gotta stay on the throttle but when we raced we tried from a dead stop and no win. then we were rolling along eaven and both gave er at the same time and he just pulled away. i hit it and shifted as fast as i could it was screaming i dont car who is riding it there is something that isnt right. im not the best rider but im not bad enough to be beat by a 400z. i should be able to play with it shouldnt i? i held it to the bar and it wasnt gonna rev anymore and he was pullin away quick. imo there should be no competition.