beat by a suzuki 400z?!?!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it turns out he has a worn out motor???? Did the bike ever run right since he got it? Did he just get used to it being slow... he will be in for a suprise when it does run right...Hell I thought he just didnt know it had 6 gears...by the 400Z pulling away on top end..

Grab you some dirt tires, can't imagine them tires doing any good in dirt, keep em in the sand!

2nd gear hole shots, I have the 14/41 gear and really like it. what size tire you running anyway?

it came with 22 inch bear claws and 20 inch paddles. the bear claws are way to big so i just put the paddles on cus most of the trails i ride in are sand. i got pistons and a timing plate on the way and when i take my cylinders in im takin the head too and gettin .030 taken off. i hope that smartens it up. my buddy has a 700 raptor i would like to beat. i am gettein some new tires too gonna go with some razors or holeshots.

Dont do anything except rebuild the top end. No porting, no milling and no timing changes.

You'll only have more gremlins to chase.

Get the top end fresh, replace the reeds if they're chipped or not sealing. clean the air filter, clean the carbs and go up on the mains. Get back to square one before you decide to jump to square 3 or 4 :cool:

I've got an 03' with somewhat comparable mods (except k&n pods and 320 mains) and it'll annihilate a Suzi 400. With extreme prejudice!

Dont do anything except rebuild the top end. No porting, no milling and no timing changes.

You'll only have more gremlins to chase.

no offense or anything but, you must not have any experience with a ported banshee.

your best bang for the buck is getting a port job and no better time to do it when

rebuilding your top end.

there are plenty of sponsers here that can steer you twards a good port job and

plenty of info the set it up.

Edited by Hilarious

YA!!! port that thing!! you will get way more power out of it and if you cant beat the 400 then you have some reall big ishues goin on. my bike is .20 over boar stock head, porte polish, 14/43 geaars with 10 paddle 22in sidewinders on duglis wheels (or i run the 21in 18 paddle paddle brats on 8in rims) i have +3 timming, lightend flywheele, 34mm keihn carbs k&n and pro circiut platnum pipes. 6in extended swing arm. and i beat 400's 450's 660s' 700R's ALL DAY! even seriusly built 700'R Raptors with the power programers and everything. wich they are way way better then there 660's i think they deffinatly came along ways from the 660's and i give yamaha props on that one. but you shuld be able to beat them also. since you got it apart id go ahead and poart it also while your at it you deff wont regret it!!!! so much more power!

ooo and like they said take off in 2nd gear but be shure your over the tank or your shee guna be riddin you! never a good thing.

i got pistons and a timing plate on the way and when i take my cylinders in im takin the head too and gettin .030 taken off.

You already ordered pistons?? Do you know what bore your cylinders are on or will need...I hope ya did that before ordering new pistons buddy.

no offense or anything but, you must not have any experience with a ported banshee.

your best bang for the buck is getting a port job and no better time to do it when

rebuilding your top end.

there are plenty of sponsers here that can steer you twards a good port job and

plenty of info the set it up.

No offense taken.

I think his quad needs to get back to good working order before modifying a bunch of shit. That's all.

If he's yet to experience the power of a basic bolt-on Banshee then he may want to avoid making a ripper until comfortable riding it stock.

if i advance my timing and plane my head down and get a port job will that create a cooling issue? im thinkin if i have it apart now i should do what i am planning all at once so i dont have to tear it down again next year. having too much power is not a problem with me i would rather have too much that not enough and just get bored of it.

You could get yourself a NOSS head if you're worried about it, and you can adjust your compression easily with the different size domes. I have not really heard of too many guys having problems with overheating unless they had other issues.

You already ordered pistons?? Do you know what bore your cylinders are on or will need...I hope ya did that before ordering new pistons buddy.

I hope he is listening to some of these replies or maybe he is happy with the way it runs now...I think you are right, he needs to fix the main problem...that is being beaten by a z400 before he starts doing the mods...

I hope he is listening to some of these replies or maybe he is happy with the way it runs now...I think you are right, he needs to fix the main problem...that is being beaten by a z400 before he starts doing the mods...

im listening fellas. well to some just not the ones who think its my driving. the parts are on the way its getting .020 bore and wiseco pro lites and while im there i may get the head shaved down some. while i was ordering the pistons i figured why not get a stator plate.

• 2 months later...

well the rebuild is done. i didnt bother racing the 400z this time i went for the 700 raptor with a pipe and fuel programmer. i was about a quad length ahead of him on the bottom and stayed about that way to the top untill i remembered it had 6 gears then i was gone. the best part was he weighs 150 lbs and i am 250 lbs. i think its working right now.