shaved head

hey guys i did a search and could not find anything; how much is a safe amount too shave off my stock head. i dont have the money for a coolhead and how much will this raise my compression. thanks for the help

Search function.

LOL!

Shoot me a private w/e-mail and what you want to do as far as octane requirements. A properly re-designed OEM head is no problem for 92 octane compression. 100 octane compression is also no problem, but requires tig welding. 110 octane type compresssons are not possible with an OEM head.

The above assumes head geometry is designed for a 54mm stroke and an acceptable MSV for the octane fuel.

Not really trying to hijack the thread but who are some of the builders that do a good job at head work? I cannot find any locally (Oregon).

That is some nice work Brandon. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I drew the line years ago when I took a head to machine shop to have it "shaved" and it looked like lunch meat that was cut with a claw hammer.

We have us some new hotness that should be coming out in the next month. Stay tuned....

B