Are You Kidding Me?

ok...i bought a 06 shee, cpi inframes and k&n's with no airbox.....it was running good on the top end but was bogging on the low end. i posted some stuff about that on here and everyone seemed to think i needed to lean my needles up. so i moved my needles up two positions.

In the process of doing all that i put sprockets on, and did a adjustable timing plate at +4. I have spark, and my gap is set right. So im thinking its the carbs...but wouldnt it run atleast a little???? it wont even turn over! WTF

If you was bogging on the low end why did you mess with the needles any? Pilots and air screws adjust the low end. Needles control the mid and mains the top but they over ride each other a lil bit also if you know what i meen.

Anyways stick the needles back to were they were and start from there.

Also check your plugs as you could have fucked them some how...just change them to see just because.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im no expert with jetting but i think 2 positions is alot to move the needle right off the bat. also advancing the timing may demand different fuel needs so id suggest putting the needle back where it was and see what happens then adjust slightly until ur happy

Yeah I doubt i messed up the plugs, but i'll throw some new ones in just in case. OK i'll set my needles to where they were in the first place. i hope its something stupid, not anything major.

No its not anything major, something simple that your over looking. I cant see what you have done to your bike through my computer so im just going of what you tell me you have done or modded or tried and im giving my ideas. :ninja:

No need to woory man, it will go, just i hope you didn't bang, hit or drop your stator or flywheel at all.

You did pull it the proper way with the right puller right?

ok guys, i just put my needles back to exactly where they were stock and it still wont start. i put new plugs in, made sure they had spark, made sure i was getting gas. i dont know what to do, it's gotta be something with my timing plate? the gap is perfect at 1 business card thin.... please help if you can think of anyway to fix this??

honestly i can't remember which way i turned it, i just lined up the +4 on the stator with the seem on the motor

Correct.

Any luck with it? Carbs?

Son just got 87, ran on one cyl. Searched here for fixes. Ended up pulling flywheel, taking gasket cleaner that fits in a drill (power scotch brite) cleaned stator poles, wiped inside of flywheel, cleaned pick-up points on outside, wiped off pu coil, set gap, good to go. Hope this helps. I still have a lot to learn about 'shees! BTW, I did have spark from both wires, aparently just not hot enough on one side.

Edited by Larry's Shee