How to beat a Honda 450

aust_banshee

all the information given so far on this thread is very helpful.....all you guys should think about openning a performance banshee shop toghether.......nice :shoothead:

Phh lol... Really... Get a good dune port or something... You will leave him multiple lengths behind!

Not sure what the clutch is called. But when you go to a stand still you can be in first gear and not have the clutch in - nearly like an auto except manual gear change. Remember these bikes were professional race bikes bought second hand. There is about $30,000 worth of suspension, bike and engine work. I assume most of it suspension... it is awesome to ride... dont feel a bump.

I change my filter from uni to K&N. Was going to get a port and polish done from a local guy but a couple of other people dont recommend him because hes not a pro port and polisher. Most people recommend sending the head to the US and getting done properly.

This is the bike i'm getting close to beating. Just need a better start and i think i'll have him.

Honda TRX 450 ER8 (2008)

Complete built August 2008

I have put the very best components available in this Quad It was built with the intention to race the 2009 season .

It is a Top built quad, based on current American Pro build,but tuned to run on 98 ULP , it does everything right . I feel with the right rider it is capable of winning any race in any MX class in Australia.

The cost to replace this quad is over $30 000 . It has only done a total of 10 hours .

To replace the PEP suspension,Arms,Swing arm...would cost over $8500.

I will give the new owner ongoing support via ATV NRG if required .

Will consider offers over $15,000 as below

Front: PEP PB1 ZPS Long travel with fully adjustable Ride height, crossover springs, compression and rebound damping adjusters

Rear: PEP ZPS Dual Rate springs Long travel with fully adjustable Ride Height, Crossover springs, compression and rebound damping adjusters

A Arms:

JB Racing long travel with fully adjustable Camber and Caster steering geometry with Honda TRX 450 R 2005 steering knuckles and hubs (05 set up Allows Quicker and more precise steering than 06-08 set up due to closer steering pivot inclination to wheel centre ) .

Rear End:

JB Racing Plus 0.5

You should have no problem beating any 450 (other than an all-out drag bike) on a bolt-on modded Banshee.

As for the guy running 4.3s with 275 lb rider - that's obviously a 450 built to the max, with an override, lightened or chromoly frame, etc. 450s running that on motor (or even nitrous) with a 275 lb rider are extremely rare.....I've never seen one in all of the races I go to. You should take that to the 4 stroke shootout at Outlaw Sanddragss in Alabama next week if it really is that fast.

You should have no problem beating any 450 (other than an all-out drag bike) on a bolt-on modded Banshee.

As for the guy running 4.3s with 275 lb rider - that's obviously a 450 built to the max, with an override, lightened or chromoly frame, etc. 450s running that on motor (or even nitrous) with a 275 lb rider are extremely rare.....I've never seen one in all of the races I go to. You should take that to the 4 stroke shootout at Outlaw Sanddragss in Alabama next week if it really is that fast.

nice i have only been to one dirty drag around here ,,,if i could get off work that shootout would be off the chain it is a all for the most part drag bike it still has stock frame and a arms subframe is after market.. i have been running it in the 1/8 but it falls off alittle in the end even with 6.98-to a 7.2 ,,,60ft is pretty good at 1.6,,and at 330ft is at4.4 i am happy with it but i just bought a banshee and i am gonna build a 10 mil dmx so we will see were that gets me...thanks for the info man i willl have to check out the shoot out some time is there any money in it?

• 2 weeks later...
nice i have only been to one dirty drag around here ,,,if i could get off work that shootout would be off the chain it is a all for the most part drag bike it still has stock frame and a arms subframe is after market.. i have been running it in the 1/8 but it falls off alittle in the end even with 6.98-to a 7.2 ,,,60ft is pretty good at 1.6,,and at 330ft is at4.4 i am happy with it but i just bought a banshee and i am gonna build a 10 mil dmx so we will see were that gets me...thanks for the info man i willl have to check out the shoot out some time is there any money in it?

here a pic of my 450...its a old one back when it was first built now it has a wheelie bar and shaws and soon some bad @ss drag a arms from tim at stellar azcustomqauds here on the hq...maybe lighten it up with a lighter swing arm next..

post-32457-1243312032_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A well setup 4mil will do the trick.

I ran with the hansen performance boys with my fast ported stock cyl 4mil.

They placed very high at fourstrokewars that year, so needless to say they were among the fastest 450's out there.

They had a yfz, 450R, and a Raptor.

EXTREMELY stripped down and lightened frame. tiny a arms, spindle mts, no plastic, etc etc.

Running insane compression, overrides, every trick in the book and my 4mil worked most of them over.

Their fully built raptor was a little faster than me out of the hole but I would catch him on the hill.

Only Honda 450 I worried about was the one with the turbo. Damn that thing was fast, but I was still really close to him.

Put my engine in a lightweight frame with a light rider and it would have been game over, easy.

I raced another guy down in CO with a SUPER nice yfz, custom lightened frame, big 500+cc stroker motor, he was a tiny little guy and with his bike on motor it wasn't even close. When he was spraying the shit out of it, it was a little closer, but I was still getting him by several bike lengths at the end of the run...

Edited by gregrob