How to beat a Honda 450

aust_banshee

couple of guys I ride with bought second hand race honda with all the works. Shocks, pistons, cams, exhaust, computer, filter etc.

I ride a banshee with pipes and reeds.

I want to beat them, what do I need to do? I have beat one of them with a heavy rider but was beaten by about 4 bike lengths with light rider. Another I can come close to and the third I have not raced but apparently he is the fastest.

One has a clutchless bike too.

I run a sand ghecko, but wondering if I should run those tyres that come with standard Honda?

Race with better paddles (Haulers, or Sandstars). I would go with timing at +4, air filters, cool head and a port job. After that you should be stomping them. What pipes do you have

ditch the sand geckos and get some straight paddles. porting is going to be the biggest thing you can do to your bike. and you need an adjustable timing plate to change your timing. but all the bolt ons in the world wont give you the same horsepower as a few hundred dollars in porting.

First go grab a tape measure. Second, reach in your back pocket and pull out your wallet. Third, measure the thickness of it and tell us how fat it is. Then we can tell you how fast you can go. Its all about how much money you want to lay down to be "fast".IMO :biggrin:

It don't take to much money into a banshee really, to beat bolt on 450's in a drag race.

:yelrotflmao:

First go grab a tape measure. Second, reach in your back pocket and pull out your wallet. Third, measure the thickness of it and tell us how fat it is. Then we can tell you how fast you can go. Its all about how much money you want to lay down and fast.IMO:biggrin:

It don't take to much money into a banshee really to beat bolt on 450's in a drag race.

Hahaha that made me laugh. that was fuckin funny. :yelrotflmao:

all the information given so far on this thread is very helpful.....all you guys should think about openning a performance banshee shop toghether.......nice :shoothead:

Not sure whats up with this comment .

But some easy boltons and a good rider and you could get it done.

Not sure whats up with this comment .

But some easy boltons and a good rider and you could get it done.

What he probably means is yall are under estimating a 450 with a lot of work done to it and more importantly SET UP right. Your gonna need more than the stuff listed. You might end up having to set up the bike so different it wont be much of a play bike anymore. It might be closer to a drag only bike.

When you got spanked by 4 lengths, were you spinning at all any time in the race?

Also by "clutchless" do you mean the guy had an override? Meaning he can up-shift w/o using the clutch while WOT?

What he probably means is yall are under estimating a 450 with a lot of work done to it and more importantly SET UP right. Your gonna need more than the stuff listed. You might end up having to set up the bike so different it wont be much of a play bike anymore. It might be closer to a drag only bike.

When you got spanked by 4 lengths, were you spinning at all any time in the race?

Also by "clutchless" do you mean the guy had an override? Meaning he can up-shift w/o using the clutch while WOT?

I think he was talking about a recluse clutch. I rode a 450 with one it you can set it to engage at diffrent rpms, and just let of a little when you shift.

My bike is a 4mil with lrd pipes, v3s, F.A.S.T dune port dual 35'd. I can walk all over my buddies TRX450r that has a cam, and 12:1 piston, and exhaust. Another buddy has a TRX480R that has a high comp piston, cam, and head work, and exhaust, and it is pretty much who evey gets the best start. My bike could use some tuning to get the full potential.

SRedish better watch out when I get my stickers....LOL