Vito's rip

kmac91

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really shouldn't feel too much of a difference better pistons should just be more durable. The difference that most people think they are feeling is from getting your compression back since your last piston and rings were worn. I recommend wiseco pistons. :thumbsup:

They are made by wisco to vito's specs.. They have a recessed area on the exhaust side of the piston crown wich supposedly changes port timing. Pin location is also slightly different.

Ok good to know. So they are not the same so why would I care if wiseco makes them they are not the same. I'm sure wiseco doesn't want to make someone elses pistons better than their own. I had a vito's and skirt shattered jacked up my crank and my wiseco has lasted longer already twice the hours.

Just think wiseco makes them is a wierd response if they are totally different pistons. :confused:

Wiseco also makes Trinity superlight pistons. They make custom pistons for alot of companies. Kinda like shearer making Vito's pipes. Its nothing new. Companies that dont have the means to produce their own parts need to contract it out. Why would wiseco turn down money? even if the piston is better then their own design.. they still get theirs. They dont even have to market them. Easy money.

I put a set of super stock pistons in my cousins banshee about 6yrs ago.. Still runs. compression is probably low.

Wiseco also makes Trinity superlight pistons. They make custom pistons for alot of companies. Kinda like shearer making Vito's pipes. Its nothing new. Companies that dont have the means to produce their own parts need to contract it out. Why would wiseco turn down money? even if the piston is better then their own design.. they still get theirs. They dont even have to market them. Easy money.

I put a set of super stock pistons in my cousins banshee about 6yrs ago.. Still runs. compression is probably low.

If you had to choose from the 3 which would you put in your banshee?

If you had to choose from the 3 which would you put in your banshee?

None of them... I used WSM in my 4mil cub. I guess I'm one of few who really dont care for wiseco. I'm forced to use wiseco in my new motor. As thats the only piston available for it. It was made by wiseco for CP indus.

You cant use the superstock pistons on ported motors. So I think thas kinda a turns off to some people too.

if wiseco makes these parts for vitos, then why does it seem like theres alot of hatred toward vitos on this site?

Because alot of people beleive that their claim to extra HP with the pistons is bogus. Wich.. It could be. My cousin said he could feel a difference.. but.. it could have been in his head too. I'd like to see dyno's to prove that they actually do what they say they do.