The DYNO SHEET thread...

too many people worry about dyno #s too m8ch, I got 86hp, ohh ive got 100, blah blah

every dyno reads different, you should use a dyno for tunning.,

my 421 cheetah banshee got up to 70hp on a factory dyno, if i put that on a dyno jet, i'm sure it would be in the 80s at least but who gives a shit, morons are the ones who NEED to brag about high hp #s

I'll worry about a dyno, when it passes me on the track

i've never dynoed or raced my banshee, but i do find it interesting to see what sort of HP figures people can get from different setup configurations

so keep this thread going guys :thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too many people worry about dyno #s too m8ch, I got 86hp, ohh ive got 100, blah blah

every dyno reads different, you should use a dyno for tunning.,

my 421 cheetah banshee got up to 70hp on a factory dyno, if i put that on a dyno jet, i'm sure it would be in the 80s at least but who gives a shit, morons are the ones who NEED to brag about high hp #s

I'll worry about a dyno, when it passes me on the track

first i wanna start off by sayin that not everybody is into who has the highest dyno #s. some people (such as myself) just like to see what different setups put up # wise compared to others, i also like to see the different curves that differnt port jobs make. its cool to see the difference between a drag port and a trail port on paper.

second thing i wanna say is, your 421 cheetah is only pushin 70hp?!?! WTF? i dont care if its on a factory dyno or not, 70 hp is just straight sorry for that setup. you must have had trinity build it for ya huh. :evil:

i know its not a banshee dyno sheet but here's one for my 2006 yfz 450. it had K&N fliter, cam mod, and trinity stage 4 full exhaust. its pretty quick. i bought the bike for my girlfriend. I have another dyno sheet ill try and find for my old banshee motor the t-rex and ill post it up.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4277/06yfz450dyno.jpg

the 450 made 52.56 hp at 7790.93 rpms and 35.44 torque

Edited by blanco25

first i wanna start off by sayin that not everybody is into who has the highest dyno #s. some people (such as myself) just like to see what different setups put up # wise compared to others, i also like to see the different curves that differnt port jobs make. its cool to see the difference between a drag port and a trail port on paper.

second thing i wanna say is, your 421 cheetah is only pushin 70hp?!?! WTF? i dont care if its on a factory dyno or not, 70 hp is just straight sorry for that setup. you must have had trinity build it for ya huh. :evil:

factory dynos show less than dyno jets,,

same set up is in the 80s on a dyno jet

i know its not a banshee dyno sheet but here's one for my 2006 yfz 450. it had K&N fliter, cam mod, and trinity stage 4 full exhaust. its pretty quick. i bought the bike for my girlfriend. I have another dyno sheet ill try and find for my old banshee motor the t-rex and ill post it up.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4277/06yfz450dyno.jpg

this is my yfz on a factory dyno, I have a sparks full exhaust, 2 stage filter with holes in the air box and running 100 octane Klotz

on a dyno jet I would be around 50

yfzdyno-1-1.jpg

yfzondyno.jpg

yeah thats kinda low with that factory dyno. you even have the right tires to dyno it to. the nobbies that the bikes come with, they say take away like 3hp. my initial run was completetly stock and that same bike had 38.84hp and 23.92 ft/lbs at 8530.33 rpms.

That's one of the healthiest stock stroke cubs I've seen...... I'm impressed, especially since that run was not on some d-bag's DynoJet.

My 4mil cub's best run is only 8hp more than that.

So your 4mm cub makes 119 HP?? I think you should go back to bed.

I would really like to beat the fuck out of the person who invented the phrase "When a Dyno passes me on the track, then I will worry about dyno numbers". A dyno is a tuning tool that can easily tell you gains to be had by different component combinations. You can break your motor in on a dyno, and you can use it to get your jetting close on your carbs. I dont post dyno numbers on here to say " I am awesome" nor do I use the dyno for that reason as well. I use the dyno for the reasons listed above. There is not going to be a single person on here that has used a dyno, that will tell you it was a waste of time and they did not learn at least one thing from it.

factory dynos show less than dyno jets,,

same set up is in the 80s on a dyno jet

Yeah, I put down 66 hp on a crank dyno with a ported 350, that is gonna be one of the most accurate dynos out there. If your using a factory dyno that's that far off, then how do you know the actual correction factors are making the graph curves turn out right? Most "Factory" Dyno numbers I have seen are exagerated and not under shot by any means. I wouldn't be worried about the end numbers, but if it is that far off, then how do you know its using the right formulas to gain accurate results for readings. Dyno jets are not accurate by any means, but even the 70hp mark seems way off.

So your 4mm cub makes 119 HP?? I think you should go back to bed.

I am not really sure what you are questioning.......... That is nothing special by any means, but it definitely is good, and I cannot exactly repeat the run, so I got a little lucky. I can repeat a ~115hp run though.

I would really like to beat the fuck out of the person who invented the phrase "When a Dyno passes me on the track, then I will worry about dyno numbers". A dyno is a tuning tool that can easily tell you gains to be had by different component combinations. You can break your motor in on a dyno, and you can use it to get your jetting close on your carbs. I dont post dyno numbers on here to say " I am awesome" nor do I use the dyno for that reason as well. I use the dyno for the reasons listed above. There is not going to be a single person on here that has used a dyno, that will tell you it was a waste of time and they did not learn at least one thing from it.

I agree. That particular statement is usually the preclusion to finding out that someone has no idea what they are talking about. :biggrin:

That should be able to beat a bolt on shee for sure. a 450 beats a 52 hp banshee due to traction and tq. I never got to race a 450 with cams etc so i dont know.