problems! help!

dkripper

i just bought a shee its a 97 bored out to a 440. its runing a stock head with milled domes. and stock carbs. idk what there jetted to but it boggs when i open it up and it feels like its not fully wineding out in powerband. also it overheats on me and it seems like my left cylinder isnt fireing unless its like 1/4 Throttle or less whats going on with this thing????????????

I assume it's a stroker motor.

Check to make sure your carbs are sync'd.

the guy i bought it off of only told me of the bore and i checked to be sure and it is but i didnt check the crank so i can only gess as of now but i dont even think its posable to bore it that far with out stroking it. plus the guy did say befor he had the motor redone he blew the crank so im gessing yes

the guy i bought it off of only told me of the bore and i checked to be sure and it is but i didnt check the crank so i can only gess as of now but i dont even think its posable to bore it that far with out stroking it. plus the guy did say befor he had the motor redone he blew the crank so im gessing yes

how did you check the displacement without knowing the stroke length. and you did have the head off to mic the bore as a matter of fact for you to add 90 cc if my math is correct you would have to over bore th jug roughly 5.5 mm wich would be something like .130 over im not positive but i dont think you can do that with stock jugs the thing has to be a stroker or the guy lied to you

Edited by mark101180

thats just plain dumb to even try and go that far with stock jugs! im prety shure at like .110over your cyl walls are like paper thin...... it has to be a stroker. pull ur pistons out and meshure the cyl.

how did you check the displacement without knowing the stroke length. and you did have the head off to mic the bore as a matter of fact for you to add 90 cc if my math is correct you would have to over bore th jug roughly 5.5 mm wich would be something like .130 over im not positive but i dont think you can do that with stock jugs the thing has to be a stroker or the guy lied to you

It is possible to check both bore and stroke without removing the heads, if that is how he did it who knows but him, but it is possible using the right tools to check the bore and checking the stoke can be done with a chopstick then do the math and know the displacement. Or I could be talking out of my ass I like the sound of my own voice.

thats just plain dumb to even try and go that far with stock jugs! im prety shure at like .110over your cyl walls are like paper thin...... it has to be a stroker. pull ur pistons out and meshure the cyl.

it is posable and the kit to do it is avalable the guy just resently showed me the sales reseats for the rebuild and a case mod and cylander boring is requiered and it defenently has the big bore sleaves pressed in.