Few Problems

Ok guys here are some of the problems i am experiencing. 1) When i first start my quad is it very easy to start, i don't have to use the choke or anything, but after riding for a little bit when i shut it off i have to kick it quite a bit for it to be able to start. 2) I am burning a lot more fuel than i used to. My brothers banshee is way more modded than mine and i burn fuel way more than he does, what could cause this.

Ok guys here are some of the problems i am experiencing. 1) When i first start my quad is it very easy to start, i don't have to use the choke or anything, but after riding for a little bit when i shut it off i have to kick it quite a bit for it to be able to start. 2) I am burning a lot more fuel than i used to. My brothers banshee is way more modded than mine and i burn fuel way more than he does, what could cause this.

if you dont have to choke your bike to start it, that means your pilot jet is too big. sounds like you need to drop down one size. this is also probably why its hard to start later on. the bike is loading up with fuel/oil from the pilots being too big.

have you rejetted your bike since it turned warmer out?

also, what is your gas/oil mix ratio and what oil?

what are your mods? elevation? temps?

if you dont have to choke your bike to start it, that means your pilot jet is too big. sounds like you need to drop down one size. this is also probably why its hard to start later on. the bike is loading up with fuel/oil from the pilots being too big.

have you rejetted your bike since it turned warmer out?

also, what is your gas/oil mix ratio and what oil?

what are your mods? elevation? temps?

1) my bike was never rejetted for the winter

2) I mix yamalube @ 3 oz to 1 gallon.

3) mods are: Paul Turner mids, uni airfilter with air box lid removed.

Elevation= about 540 ft

Temps are between 70-90 degrees

i dont think that goin smaller would be good on the main jets but the pilot jets quite possibly

The only reason i said a smaller main is because i am running really rich. My plugs are black and i smoke quit a bit. Once i figure out where the pilot jets are, i will drop them down one size. (I am new to the whole carb thing so i feel like a complete idiot trying to find where things are located)

Make sure thats oil smoking and not a broken ring or something that can do damage to your pistons. I'd make sure you either have 190 or 200 in the carbs I wouldnt mix and match. And as for the fouled plugs that sounds like the pilots. If it hits good up top the mains are fine. Down low is where your having your problem.

thanks guys, i will pull them back off and drop the pilot down a size. I am going to have to order another 190 main so it will be a bit before i update with that.....I am also thinking about just putting the shee up for sale....anyone interested.