An idea( guys vote on this)

Ineedmoney

SHould i do this  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it all depends on the kind of work you do and the skill you got. People pay good money for a nice paint job. I have paid pleanty for paint (on cars). It all comes down to the rep they had and the past work they have done before chosing the right person to use.

For a regular everyday bike, one color, flat rate of $75, and about $100 round trip shipping.......that is a hard sell. It is much more cost effective to do it myself. It might not win any shows, but my bike will be a different color for under 30 bucks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whether this is a good idea or not depends on the kind of work you do. quick question though, you wouldn't happen to be using a rattle can to do all this painting would you? :geek: i'm not thinkin many people are gonna wanna pay a dime for something they could do themselves for a lot less as Gdub stated. :confused:

whether this is a good idea or not depends on the kind of work you do. quick question though, you wouldn't happen to be using a rattle can to do all this painting would you? :geek: i'm not thinkin many people are gonna wanna pay a dime for something they could do themselves for a lot less as Gdub stated. :confused:

Word up bro and rofl all the way for the rattle can :)))

• 3 weeks later...
The shipping i stated that you guys would have to pay shippiung on your items.

What would be a good name for my site to do this on.

i just got done with my banshee. it has to dry and i think i might jsut hit it one more time before i go to bed.

woah! red flag goin off! if you know what your doing, then you know that you are done before it has a chance to flow out. "maybey hit it one more time" only has a 5-10 min window on real paint jobs. that is a rattle can atitude. not to piss on your parade, but i just got finished painting my own shade of ultimate black, just hours ago. in direct sunlight, it looks like you are staring into a black hole, unlikew conventional blacks that brighten in direct sun. wet look, too boot. i hope you use a shitload of plastic adhesion promoter, and flex aditive. whenyou are done, let it cure, and run it through some serious shrubbery/trees. (enough to bend the fenders back) then take some high res pics. (unless you don't want us to see the flaking/cracks) your pricing is about the cost of good supplies to get the job done. what product are you using that can leave any proffit?. i'm sorry, but i used to have a shop, and really know what goes into doing a decent job, so i'd have to see the trial-tested product.

woah! red flag goin off! if you know what your doing, then you know that you are done before it has a chance to flow out. "maybey hit it one more time"

Not a painter, but that sounds like me with a rattle can on something Im not to worried about. :biggrin:

No offense man!

I agree with everyone else, you might have a chance if it was locally. But with the round trip shipping costs + your paint they could afford to go ahead and buy a new set of fenders in the color choice they want.

And like everyone else has said, until your work has been seen its pointless to try to get something going. From the latest statement above it does sound like your just spray painting them... and to show you can do a good job (if you can) show some pictures of something other than black that you've done.

Now if your doing some badass art I would say you have a chance, if your just doing 1 and 2 tone colors I dont think you have a snowballs chance in hell..

using paint cans for a base doesnt always mean a shit job. fuck with the right amount of clear i can make a 3 dollar can of no name paint from the dollar store look like something that was done with car paint. but in this kids case it sounds like he is using krylon fusion and didnt read the label you decide if it needs another coat as ur spraying the current coat not and hr or 2 later i usually take a 1 beer break between coats and get it hot as hell in the garage when spraying rattle cans like hot dry air so it can flash fast and have another coat baled on fast and then cleared without a quality clear its always gunna look like shit tho

My best friend does plumbing, doesn't mean i know how the hell to do it and am good at it!!! :blink:

Damn that was funny, I was thinking something of the same lines....

We can all appreciate good work. Here's what it boils down to.

Shipping full plastic is expensive as FUCK...not because of the weight, but because of the size of the box.

So...I can buy a set of plastics for 300 bucks....shipped to me, or I can pay 75 to 90 to ship it to you, paint it for under 100, then pay you to ship it back for the same price....

Painting plastics, unless you're getting a custom 1000 dollar plus job, isn't worth it unless you have a LOCAL guy.

Just my opinion...that's all. Regardless, let's see some work...we all appreciate that any way you shake it....

offer free shipping if you use more than 3 cans on one job....(odd-lots 99 cents a can)i voted yes for you and havent seen your work yet...good luck

Edited by AWR

• 1 month later...

I have painted for alot of years but I would never put a post up with no pics. Post what you got first and lets see your work and then ask if its worth it. As for trying to start something to get ahead follow what you believe there and go for it.

THisa is my old thread and i cant beleive people still read these old threads. lol.

I dont have pics and i dont paint anymore. To time consuming. Did about 13 jobs and now im done.

THe red banshee in that sig i painted also.

Thanks for the votes. I just aint got the time anymore wiht my new job.

THisa is my old thread and i cant beleive people still read these old threads. lol.

I dont have pics and i dont paint anymore. To time consuming. Did about 13 jobs and now im done.

THe red banshee in that sig i painted also.

Thanks for the votes. I just aint got the time anymore wiht my new job.

wow, 2 months after you were going to open shop to paint your already done? Damn glad i didnt ship my shit to you :blink: