GEAR SHIFTER SHAFT?

Drewski

I think the shafts are around 40 bucks new. Its not really that hard. Pull off both foot pegs. Remove the shifter obviously. Next drain the coolant and oil and then pull off the clutch cover. You will then need to pull clutch assembly off. Pull of the detent and then the shaft should pull out. Good time to put in a modded shift star and billet water pump. May also want to replace the o-ring on the water pump neck in the clutch cover and inspect/replace the wter pump seal/bearing.

just an fyi...

you will need a 32mm / 1 1/4" socket to remove the clutch hub nut.

and when re-assembling the clutch you will want to replace the lock tab behind the clutch nut, i believe the clutch nut gets torqued to 59 ft lbs.

if you have an old set of clutch's you can make a holding tool by screwing a fiber and a steel together then inserting them where your clutch pack normaly goes... just jam a penny into the drive gears to bind everything up so you can torque it down.

also the screws that hold the clutch springs get torqued to 7.4 ft lbs or 88.8 inch lbs... there easy to take out but will snap off very easy if you put too much pressure on them on re-instalation. if you bust one off then you will get to spend some time with a pick set backing whats left of the bolt back out so you can go on a mad dash to find a new one...lol

Edited by swrbansheeboy

thanks for the suggestion of welding my shaft on my 07 shee but ive done this before and had nothing but problems with this solution, such as burning seals, arking bearings and not to mention breaking the fucking weld 2 hours up in the middle of but fuck nowhere! i think i will pass :down:

thanks for the suggestion of welding my shaft on my 07 shee but ive done this before and had nothing but problems with this solution, such as burning seals, arking bearings and not to mention breaking the fucking weld 2 hours up in the middle of but fuck nowhere! i think i will pass :down:

i agree with doing it the right way but i will say the welding it up thing works if you do it right...

clean parts are key and it's advisable to use a tig welder, more heat in less area...

it sucks if you need to take your stator cover off for anything but it does work if done correctly...

Edited by swrbansheeboy