Think i found the ideal shock for yfz450 swap

88-04banshee

WITH THE YFZ SPINDLES WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO CHANGE

Ideally you want to find the whole assembly spindles,hubs,rotors and brakes. you cant interchange everything plus the yfz has far better dual piston brakes.

Do you happen to know what year of LTR your shocks came off of?? Curious because zuki softened up the shocks for the 08s. I have the YFZ Arms/Shocks and stock banshee spindles. It rides pretty dang rough (like a tank), plus I bottom out everyonce in a while landing jumps. How much longer are the LTRs than the YFZs? I really wasn't planning on switching spindles but if it'll help a ton I'll definetly swap them out.

Mine came off a 07 but i know the 08's had better valving. i think that is most peoples complaints about the yfz shocks on a banshee-they are to stiff, i ran them for a couple weeks and i definitely think it is worth swapping to the ltr. they measure almost two inches longer and when you swap to yfz spindles you gain almost three inches of travel that you can use with ltr shocks and get more clearance.

I bought a set off of the ltr450hq site. I'm currently running the complete 450 swap including the brakes with a set of 16.25" tripple rate Elkas. The ride is great, but it sits about an inch low in the front. I'm going to give the ltr shocks a try and see how they compare.

Ideally you want to find the whole assembly spindles,hubs,rotors and brakes. you cant interchange everything plus the yfz has far better dual piston brakes.

Mine came off a 07 but i know the 08's had better valving. i think that is most peoples complaints about the yfz shocks on a banshee-they are to stiff, i ran them for a couple weeks and i definitely think it is worth swapping to the ltr. they measure almost two inches longer and when you swap to yfz spindles you gain almost three inches of travel that you can use with ltr shocks and get more clearance.

Looks like i'll be trying on a set of the LTR shocks tomorrow after work. A buddy of mine has them on a blaster and he has been wanting to try the YFZ shocks, so we'll switch them out tomorrow and maybe give them a shot on wednesday. Hopefully they are alot smoother than the YFZs.

those are some damn big lights!

Yea they came on the quad when i bought it-i would not have bought them but they do the job.

I bought a set off of the ltr450hq site. I'm currently running the complete 450 swap including the brakes with a set of 16.25" tripple rate Elkas. The ride is great, but it sits about an inch low in the front. I'm going to give the ltr shocks a try and see how they compare.

Cool keep us updated on how it does. with my preload all the way up it sits about 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher than stock.

Looks like i'll be trying on a set of the LTR shocks tomorrow after work. A buddy of mine has them on a blaster and he has been wanting to try the YFZ shocks, so we'll switch them out tomorrow and maybe give them a shot on wednesday. Hopefully they are alot smoother than the YFZs.

You got lucky there but the problem is you can't use them with the stock banshee spindles- it will not allow enough travel to fit a 17.25 inch shock unless you have the yfz spindles.

You got lucky there but the problem is you can't use them with the stock banshee spindles- it will not allow enough travel to fit a 17.25 inch shock unless you have the yfz spindles.

Welllll shit. Do the banshee hubs, rotors and calipers work with the YFZ Spindles? I really don't fell like spending much more on the suspension at the moment.

Welllll shit. Do the banshee hubs, rotors and calipers work with the YFZ Spindles? I really don't fell like spending much more on the suspension at the moment.

Negative, but if you shop around you can find a deal on a set then sell your stock ones to make up some of the difference.

Negative, but if you shop around you can find a deal on a set then sell your stock ones to make up some of the difference.

Thats good to know, I'll lurk around YFZ central to see if I could snag some up. In the mean time I figured I would mock up the LTR shocks to see how it actually does with banshee spindles. Suprisingly everything looks good (im sure it'd be alot better with YFZ spindles). I might take it out for a spin tomorrow to see if the handling characteristics are any different. Below are some Before Pics (YFZ arms and shocks) and After Pics( YFZ arms and LTR shocks)

BEFORE

100_1759-1.jpg

100_1766-1.jpg

100_1767.jpg

AFTER

100_2098.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2100.jpg

100_2101.jpg

Nice job cruiser! Report back with ride qualities!

I was able to take it out for a quick spin this afternoon before I punctured one of my BRAND NEW rear tires...... :wallbash: It rides smoother than the YFZ shocks. The LTRs soaked up the whoops, didn't get to hit any real jumps though. Over all I like them better than the YFZs....but I do wish the front of the shee was a tad bit lower, possibly about an inch or inch and a half.