How to beat 700r?

Ok Im sick of hearing my buddy talk trash about how bad hes gonna kill my banshee with his 700r. I just pick my baby up and tore it down to the frame. Completely powder coated the entire quad. In the process of rebuilding it. Every bolt will be replace with polished stainless bolts. Every seal and bearing is already bought. So what can i do with this thing to wipe the shit out of his mouth with not dumping $1,000's into it? I knw its gonna take a few bucks but dont want to do no stroker or nothing like that. The quad already has a twist throttle setup,k&n filter cones and mod quad water impeller and t5 toomeys. Any help would be great. Thanks Jerry

Edited by 2strokesmoker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boost bottle and reed spacers should be all you need!! :yelrotflmao:

IMO carbs and a port job should do it. without going too ratical.

Forgot to mention that it is bored .100 over with wesico pistons, has reed spacers, aluminum boost bottle and the junk tors removed replace with regular caps. I was thinking something good. I want to walk any from him. lol Rev box? V force reeds? cool head? Whats a port job run? What are Imo carbs? Could I get the head cut and put a bigger base gasket on to change port timing? Sorry kinda new to the banshee world.....Thanks Jerry

Edited by 2strokesmoker

If you know how to ride, and you bike is dialed in good, and the raptor is stock you will take him.

I wouldnt port you jugs since they are 100over already, really wouldnt be worth the money. try and find some1 selling some jugs that are ported already and call it a day.

O0o0 and your not allowed to report back with results unless you have a video to prove it.

These are the bansheeHQ rules :evil:

Edited by wacko2000

If you know how to ride, and you bike is dialed in good, and the raptor is stock you will take him.

I wouldnt port you jugs since they are 100over already, really wouldnt be worth the money. try and find some1 selling some jugs that are ported already and call it a day.

O0o0 and your not allowed to report back with results unless you have a video to prove it.

These are the bansheeHQ rules :evil:

lol even if i loose? Hes talkin that he wants to put a 60 shot of nos on it. I dont stand a chance with that, but i will tell him to take the bottle off. What about that +4 timing? Its a simple and cheap add on?

is the 700r stock? if so then your good to go. my 700r is under a week old and the banshee kills it in a race. all it has that enhances performance is a port job, t5 pipes, and pods.

he wants too put 60 shot of nos on it. Im gonna tell him to take the bottle off.

he wants too put 60 shot of nos on it. Im gonna tell him to take the bottle off.

Tell him to leave the bottle on and spray the hell outta it, he might win maybe two or three races but after the third you will take him cause his motor will be toast. :evil:

Tell him to leave the bottle on and spray the hell outta it, he might win maybe two or three races but after the third you will take him cause his motor will be toast. :evil:

lol. hes a certified sae mechanic and owns his own performance shop. This ist gonna be so easy lol. He usually works on all my shit but this is different. I dont want him playing with my carbs cuz he could savage me and i dont even know it. He knows his shit with all this kind stuff and im in the dark. I got on here amd already have a few helpers! :thumbsup: So im sure there will be lots of ?'s to come. Thanks guys!

So, he is a certified sae atv. mechanic?

lol no but you get what im saying. The kid has a $40,000.00 snap on tool set and owned his company since the age of 19. He knows his shit inside and out. Check out his website.

www.poorboyperformance.com

I did all the fab work on the 02 400ex/04 gsx-r 750 build. Sweet ass gas tank!

Edited by 2strokesmoker

porting for sure!.... should be all you need if hes stock.

but if his engine looks like this (rocket factory 845 kit)....

P1000264.jpg

...then you're fucked....

He was talkin bout a big bore kit but i dont thinkk his wife is gonna let him dump that kinda coin in it! lol :biggrin:

This is funny. Last summer at happy hollow in peebles ohio i was on my 87(it belonged to my GF at the time) It was all stock except for some REALLY old bills pipes.

They have a 800ft drag strip that is measured at 300ft--500ft--and 800ft.

There was a guy there on a raptor 700 that was one week old. Everyone always plays around on the dragstrip it is usualy the center of attention. Well he kept waving at me to come over and race him but i kept refusing,and this went on for a while,everytime i was near the strip he would try to wave me over.

Well finally i gave in,and lined up,and to my surprise actualy,i was ahead the whole way,even got him off the line. His front wheels were about 1-2 feet behind my back wheels @ 500ft

Well we pull around and he says,"lets go again,i need to get a better start". Second time he gets me off the line,never pulls ahead and i had passed him by the time we were @300ft.

We pull around again and he says "we need to switch sides,your side has better traction". So we switched and i outran him 2 more times. It was funny. He asked me what year it was,i said 1987.

Point is,A decent running banshee with t5's should be able to take a stock raptor everytime as long as you can launch it good and you have traction.

I wish i would have had a damn video camera that day

Edited by Burt Reynolds