effin piece of SH*T

Well, I just got the motor back together, new top end, new pipes, just a very basic reliable motor with mild port work. I did a compression test and both cylinders were at 155, and my leakdown test was just fine, so I started her up and got her warm and synced the carbs. Everything ought to be ready to go, right!! Wrong!! During the sync process it started and idled great, but when I got it out on the road, It felt like it was missing on the left side and wouldnt even get into the power band. So, I went back to the shop and pulled the plugs and the left one was wet, so I cleaned the plugs and restarted it!! It runs good for a sec and the starts acting up!! It has spuratic pressure out of the left pipe!! The right one runs just fine. The Left on is weak and spuratic, especially at higher RPM, it seems to have a little bit of a pop to it that the other side doesnt seem to have. Can someone please help. The mods are as follows!!

Stock stroke, stock cylinder, cool head with 21 cc domes, +4 timing, T-6's, k&n pods, 310 mains, 25 pilot, air screw 1.5 turns out. I am still running stock reeds and carbs.

I have switched plugs and it gets better for a sec and then get bad again. I have switched the plug wires and it stays on that left side!! I even switched coils and the same thing!! Any ideas? Anything will help!!

I cleaned the carbs really good when I did the rebuild, and recleaned them again yesterday as well!! I put a set of stock reeds that only had a couple hours on them on there. The set on the shelf for a couple years, so maybe I will try to a different set this evening!! I have set the pick up gap a couple time already and it is still within tolerence!! I might even throw on an extra set of carbs to see what happens, one thing at a time of course!! Thanks for the help!! All opinions are welcomed!! This bike has officially made me a total idiot!!

Edited by zachass9

I had a similar problem when I rebuilt mine, one cylinder was fireing on and off. One of my slides was spinning around inside the carb. The little brass guide piece on the outside of the carb that looks like a small flathead screw head.had backed out a hair and the slide would go in correctly, but would move when the motor was started. It was kinda spinning around a little in the carb body.

I had a similar problem when I rebuilt mine, one cylinder was fireing on and off. One of my slides was spinning around inside the carb. The little brass guide piece on the outside of the carb that looks like a small flathead screw head.had backed out a hair and the slide would go in correctly, but would move when the motor was started. It was kinda spinning around a little in the carb body.

I have seen that happen as well.

I have had to replace a stock carb to correct that problem. We never did find out what was wrong with the carb on that one.

I have the same problem?

Just finished winter top end...and other mods for the season.

- New reed pedals (V Force Reeds)

- Carbs completly takin apart and cleaned...

- swapped plug wires - no difference still issues on left side, pulled plug and verified spark

- the piston on the left has NO burn marks like the right side

- Floats are set at 21mm

- Jets cleaned and clear

- reeds and plug soaking wet but that maybe because it is not burning off do to not firing

Can it be a firing issue under a load???? Can the coil be worn out?

Please let me know if you figure this one out,,,,I want to ride.

Edited by Quadatic20

wires have been switched as well as use of a new coil!! Same problem!! I am honestly dumb founded right now. Completely lost and totally emberassed!! Keep the opinions coming!! I will check the slides and see what is going on with them!!

have you gone over your whole harness all connections i had the same problem on two banshees where the wirefrom the stator to the cdi box was worn in the back of the bike near the plug a little giving on and off connection . firt bike was the green wir second was the red. also u might have a cracked gasket from friction i have also seen this in glamis.

Edited by SD1026