please help bogging after puddle

please help i just bought an 07 banshee from a friend, took it out for the first time and now its bogging at mid rpm, it idles fine starts fine. it all started after a few puddles are banshees this weak in the water? any suggestions would be great

Banshees are not good to be aroudn water if you dotn have the stock airbox wiht the lid on.

If the lid is off this would explain some what of the bogging if thats why it relly is.

If the lid is off it will suck the water in and mess wiht the bike. But it shopuldnt really make it bog.

If it has pods u cant even go over the water puddle wiht out it dying.

You shoulda been able to just be bakc to normal after about letting it scream to 5th or 6th gear.

Clean your air filter.

If it is filthy, you may have plugged some circuits in your carb and need to clean them thoroughly. If it is relatively clean, try unplugging electrical connections, especially the TORS, and spray them with some electrical contact cleaner. Hope you have luck. :thumbsup:

even a few inches of water makes my pods unhappy.

I think what happens is, even if the bottom of my sprocket gets wet, the chain slings water/mud right at my left POD filter. and things go to hell fast.

I feel like such a weenie avoiding the slightest water when riding with friends.

I tell them how much faster I am then them, and the respond, not if there is a 3 inch puddle between here and the finish line.

well my banshee is pretty well stock but it is missing the air box cover i dried it out and cleaned it but it still bogs at mid range, runs fine at idle and still whales wide open if anyone has any other suggestions to what could be causing this it would be greatly appreciated thanks f...ing puddles!!!

ive found that they dont like water at all. both of mine will die right out untill dry when i hit a big puddle hard. they start right up and run fine when they are dry. they also have stock airboxes. may be electrical. try dielectric grease on everything to prevent shorting. i do this to the mud trucks also.

ive found that they dont like water at all. both of mine will die right out untill dry when i hit a big puddle hard. they start right up and run fine when they are dry. they also have stock airboxes. may be electrical. try dielectric grease on everything to prevent shorting. i do this to the mud trucks also.

If it hss the stock aribox with snorkel.

It will not die. i go threw like 2 feet worth of water. as long as the snorkel is on it, it wont die unless te water is above it.