GET OUR TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ

gsxr to banshee

I personally didnt mind the caps, it made it easier to read. After everything I have read I still havent seen a good reason for blowing up the homes and civilians in Bagdad. And like was said earlier what happened to trying to find Bin Laden? It took no time at all to find Saddam in a hole in the ground. I think they guy that made the movie Where In the World is Osama Bin Laden(the same guy who made Supersize Me, about McDonalds), came closer to finding him than anyone else. Lol. Which actually you can find things on the net that they cant find enough evidence to stick him with 9/11 anyway, or the wierd way the the Twin Towers fell or a plane not hitting the Pentagon, not sure its true, but I dont know. There are movies on this also. If someone coments on that and says that they do have evidence, then show me. Heres just one webpage http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/pentagon.htm

Why are people saying it would be premature to leave Iraq, I would think we need to work on making this country better instead of somebody elses, like helping the homeless and all the people that have dealt with all of the Natural Disaters, like Katrina. Were supposedly in a ressesion, but were still spending money in Iraq. That makes a lot of sense. I think we have enough going on in this country to worry about.

Since people are talking about fighting on our soil, I really dont see terroist hopping on a plane and coming over here to take over the country, since we agree were fighing the terroist and not Iraq. Not as awsome as our military is, I dont think we would have any problems there.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says we are purposefully killing civilians??

The modern military does not just go around caping rounds off into the civilian population.

They follow strict rules of engagement and strict guidelines of humane treatment of prisioners of war as well as

attempt to win over the hearts of thier occupied territories of operation.

Generals, commanders, and military tacticians take into account all civilian casualty risk factors when deciding to use force with explosive weapons and smart munitions.

Thats why those pin point targeting videos you see all over the internet are so popular.

Its not cheap but it gets mostly all the bad guys instead of killing hundreds or even thousands of innocent civilians like in previous conflicts 50 or more years ago.

(911) was terrorists comming over here and killing hundreds of people with planes.

They attack the internet daily.

They send drugs over here daily.

They come over here illegally daily.

Let the oil interests and natural resources interests for the USA fail with the weakening of our force prescense worldwide and see if we ever get it back. We influence world trade through the military peace favors we do worldwide.

Thats how I have viewed it when I traveled all over this planet.

Just my opinion now but,

Ive thought about the same things you are saying over the years but now feel that its a necessary evil.

Its like we have to maintain the strength in readiness or we lose it all.

(Sure we could bring all world deployed troops home and set up new US bases to house them all, but then we lose our ability to be a force in readiness for instant reaction to world conflicts that affect our way of life....things like cheap gasoline, China's most favored trade status, resource s trade with other countries etc...)

I guess what Im rambling on about is I like the safety of the USA.

I have traveled all over and many countries you have to go places in large groups to keep from getting robbed, killed or kidnapped.

I do not want the kids or you all to have to fear for your families so I did something about it for a large portion of my life.

I served because I wanted to make that difference, and of course all the women at all those far away ports.....lol

I loved blowing up stuff with explosives and shooting machine guns, rockets missiles, morters and artillery rounds while I was in.

Practice makes perfect..

The poor people and homeless of this country will never be fixed with the withdrawl of the military.

Jobs would only go away with military withdrawl. The war machine creates thousands on thousands of jobs here .

Gun manufacturers, bullet makers, vehicle producers, plane builders would all go away with another military reduction in forces as happened in the 1994 time frame under Clintons administration. Many bases closed and jobs went away.

Now look at them, trying to get more than a whole division of Army re-activated.... again we found it seems that the military is too small to do what we expect it to do.

:cool:

name='R. Rollins' date='Apr 21 2009, 02:02 AM' post='991193']

Who says we are purposefully killing civilians??

Ofcourse I dont think they are being killed on purpose, but they are innocent people being killed and you know that is basically what they show on tv and the fact we were told from the begging that the terrorist were in Afghanistan and not Iraq. But all we have to go by is what they show on tv, because we arent there to actually see it like you were.

I served because I wanted to make that difference, and of course all the women at all those far away ports.....lol

And for that my hat is off to you and all of my friends and for everyone else that have done the same.

I loved blowing up stuff with explosives and shooting machine guns, rockets missiles, morters and artillery rounds while I was in.

Practice makes perfect..

I can totally understand that, that would be awsome. Lucky you on that part. :notworthy:

TV is for the Liberals as the liberals control what is printed and what is on TV.

We had Journalists in out tent with us with the command group.

Those bastards did not disclose the fact that we had to have bottled water shipped in from Saudi Arabia because the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers were contaminated with SARIN a nerve agent.

The water purification units that we would normally use to purify river water into drinking water could not purify out the contaminants.

But yet all civilians believe that there were no weapons of mass destruction over there.

Nerve agent IS a weapon of mass destruction.

We got attacked by Sadam while we were still in Kuwait, so Iraq started it.

Note: We were going to attack Iraq any how but He did attack us first this last go round.

If the news is not sensationalized enough then it never gets out to the public. Sensationalism sells newspapers.

Sadam had used an agent similar in nature to agent orange and had de-foliated all of the wetlands next to the rivers and canals so that we could be attacked easily and would have little or no places to hide in while we attacked him.

We had no tents when we first got there because a sand storm had blew down the whole camp, did that get reported to the media. No.

We had bad magazines in our pistols that had stretched out springs in them and could not get replacements for them. It did not get reported.

We went out on missions that had thousands upon thousands of starving people all along the roads and we would throw out our MRE meals to them and skip chow ourselves but the good never gets reported.

I hate reporters, they remind me of those pesky papazzatzi that bug the hell out of Movie stars.

Those Iraqi people needed us there so badly that I would go again If they needed me.