tacho on banshee

kev87

Where did u get an 2008 banshee at? Thought they stopped making them in 2006...

canada, australia, parts of europe i think still as well and other countries....although they just announced that 08 is the last year in Canada, i dont know if they'll be selling them elsewhere still or if Yamaha is going to retire it finally?

hey it didnt work wrapping that wire around the hei lead..

in australia, we're up to '09 models now. my model was meant to b the last year but they just keep coming out.

how many wraps? did you try hooking it to the orange wire?

Honestly, why do you need a tacho on your Banshee?

Personally, I can hear my revs so I know when to shift. Also, do you ever think you'll look at it while your belting down a trail? I know I don't take my eyes off the trail when I'm riding, no way I'd look at a tacho.

personal preference balistc. i dont really trail ride, more along the lines of speedway and beachdrags. see if ur slightly out with ur changes thats precious time on the track. my banshee makes max power at 8000rpm and torques already starting to drop off by then and u cant just hear and sumtimes feel wen to change. thats y i want a tacho.

i put about 8 or 9 wraps on it and it dosnt work. ive tried the orange (negative) and the black wire(positive). i think im going to get a trailtech vapor, least it has everything....

personal preference balistc. i dont really trail ride, more along the lines of speedway and beachdrags. see if ur slightly out with ur changes thats precious time on the track. my banshee makes max power at 8000rpm and torques already starting to drop off by then and u cant just hear and sumtimes feel wen to change. thats y i want a tacho.

i put about 8 or 9 wraps on it and it dosnt work. ive tried the orange (negative) and the black wire(positive). i think im going to get a trailtech vapor, least it has everything....

i have the vapor and love it. but you should be able to use the one you have. id hate to see you ditch it just because you cant figure it out.

you are wrapping the wire around the PLUG WIRE arent you? the orange wire suggestion was for you to electrically connect it.

i believe it takes 13 wrapson a plug wire. it's been several years, so i'll try to look it up