Porting at Home

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 90 degree tool from CC is awesome; it's a spendy bugger, but I'll tell you, I worked the transfers over as far as timing, as fast as any other part of the porting. I got the specs recommended from my by Dan Wade (Patriot) back in the day a few years ago. As I recall he said he felt it helped with top end scavenging; As you said, you can't even "see" a difference, but it is there, even if a couple degrees of crank rotation. I know Snop knows Dan, I wonder if this sounds like familiar recommendations? Yes Snop, need to work the intake roof lip more for sure.

As far as domes are concerned I'm actually not sure, I wanted to ask around. I'm running 20cc currently and I kick 175psi at 1900' elevation, which I know is way higher than most feel it should be. I would actually like to maintain close to that, probably around 185 at sea level, currently right over 190, but I'm not sure what size to run. I have some 19's but guessing those probably won't be small enough to maintain that PSI. Okay running a healthy mix of Trick 116 at that PSI...

Yeah the #1mc is AWESOME!!! Thanks we build those ourselves. It is expensive but to our knowledge we sell ours for less than any other company. Thanks for the good feed back. For certain jobs you really need the left hand rotation carbide cutters. We have a hard time keeping them in stock in but they are worth the money if you take porting seriously.

dont port your cases unless you take it apart.

All i use is the double cut carbides. They work awesome. The only single cut one i got is my alumi hog they call it i believe, serious cutting with this.

Do ya get em from CC Specialty? Most use the cross cut (diamond cut) in the 1/8" carbide and the single (spiral cut) in the 1/4" and of course the 1/4" hogs are single cut. Just wondering where ya get your carbide.

oh, come on deckheight....LOL. i did 9 nicasil plated snowmobile cylinders this year and yeah, it sucks. that nicasil is so damn hard, it takes forever to get thru it.

We sell Diamond Points in 1/8" shank that are recommended for the work in nikasil. They come in shapes C (rounded cylinder) D (oval) B (ball) R (tree) and DD (small oval). They are 16.00 each or 4 pc set @ $58.00. They are plated diamond blanks and are precision tuned to ensure even diamond coverage and a strong bond. They can even be used in hardened steel, ceramic and other metals. Hope this helps next time.

those cd's are a waste of $. i bought one a while back. it tells you nothing. even the most beginner of porters, would already know what the cd tells you. save your $.

Have you checked out our Performance Tuning in Theory and Practice Books by A. Graham Bell? We have them for two stroke and four stroke. They are 35.75. The Two Stroke has the Intro, The cylinder head, springs, the shock absorber, rear suspension systems, the bottom end, lubrication and cooling, power measurement and gearing, intro Motorcross modifications- Endura modifications- Road race modifications, table of useful equivalents and specialty suppliers

The four stroke has Intro, The cylinder head, carburation, the exhaust system, camshaft and valve train, the bottom end, ignition, lubrication and cooling, power measurement and tuning, car engine specifications and modifications, motorcycle engine specifications and modifications, and table of useful equivalents.

I know the price is a little steep but we have a lot of customers who have said it has really helped them.

Thanks from CC Specialty

Yeah the #1mc is AWESOME!!! Thanks we build those ourselves. It is expensive but to our knowledge we sell ours for less than any other company. Thanks for the good feed back. For certain jobs you really need the left hand rotation carbide cutters. We have a hard time keeping them in stock in but they are worth the money if you take porting seriously.

I am definitely beginning to take it seriously. This is my first set of cylinders as far as porting them goes, but it's fun and kind of addicting in a strange way! On the #1 MC, what should I be lubricating it with?

I should be putting the final sanding in on my exhaust ports tonight and I'll post up some pics. Going to get a dyno run in next week hopefully with the stock cylinders, but I'm waiting on some base gaskets so I can swap these cylinders on and then make some sweeps with them.

how about at least posting some pics to hold us over?? lol.. sounds like its going well

no kidding.....LOL. i want to see some pics!! LOL.

i ordered the cc specialties 1mc handpiece and 44 handpiece too. i also ordered a brand new foredom 1/3hp motor. i'm fed up w/my $hitty bluepoint 90* air grinder. f###%# tiawan built crap. 2nd one and this one needs to be warrantied too. i knew i should have boughten the good USA stuff the 1st time. i'll let you guys know the tools work out for me.

Have you checked out our Performance Tuning in Theory and Practice Books by A. Graham Bell? We have them for two stroke and four stroke. They are 35.75. The Two Stroke has the Intro, The cylinder head, springs, the shock absorber, rear suspension systems, the bottom end, lubrication and cooling, power measurement and gearing, intro Motorcross modifications- Endura modifications- Road race modifications, table of useful equivalents and specialty suppliers

Thanks from CC Specialty

sorry ccspecialtygirl, but i already have the performance tuning book from A graham bell. i also have the 2-stroke tuning/performance book by gordon jennings. another helpful book. that one has been out of print for a while.

thanks anyway.

Edited by mopar1rules

no kidding.....LOL. i want to see some pics!! LOL.

i ordered the cc specialties 1mc handpiece and 44 handpiece too. i also ordered a brand new foredom 1/3hp motor. i'm fed up w/my $hitty bluepoint 90* air grinder. f###%# tiawan built crap. 2nd one and this one needs to be warrantied too. i knew i should have boughten the good USA stuff the 1st time. i'll let you guys know the tools work out for me.

You'll love the #1MC and I just picked up a Foredom 44T which works great too! Sorry guys, my school/work schedule is nutso right now. I'm lucky to scrape together 20 minutes to grind... Tonight... :biggrin:

LOL! I have not bought diamond tooling since the mid 90's... I don't remember the exact cost back then, but it was considerably more than $16 a peice!

Oh well "buy high and sell low" thats my motto, apparently.

We sell Diamond Points in 1/8" shank that are recommended for the work in nikasil. They come in shapes C (rounded cylinder) D (oval) B (ball) R (tree) and DD (small oval). They are 16.00 each or 4 pc set @ $58.00. They are plated diamond blanks and are precision tuned to ensure even diamond coverage and a strong bond. They can even be used in hardened steel, ceramic and other metals. Hope this helps next time.

Alright, so this stage is basically complete. I've already got thoughts of opening up the runners of the aux transfers back towards the back of the cylinders (towards reeds), because I didn't really radically change that part of the transfers.

Porting specs are as follows:

188* ED

128* TD

129* Boost Duration

Let me know what you think!

022.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

031.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

032.jpg