What else do I need?

Hmm whats next?

Ok as you all know I just finished building my bike back up after blowing it up. I was just wondering what the next thing to do would be? I mean I guess I could use some tires but other then that I am clueless.

Here's a list of mods I have

1988 Yamaha Banshee 350

Bored .050 over

Wiesco Pistons

21mm Domes

Hot Rod Crank

Toomey T-6

Terry Cable Dual Gasser "Anodized Blue"

CoolHead "Anodized Blue"

Tusk gas cap "Anodized Blue"

CPW 30mm carbs

G-Force Adjustable axle

FX all grip seat

Stage 2 jets

IMS 5.6 gallon Gas tank

I guess this would be my list of what else I need help me on this also.

Timing plate and raise it up +4

New Tires

Anything else I am missing?

I would say you are missing a lot! I really don't see much in your list that I would consider performance modifications (other then your carbs which probably aren't needed on a stock port) which is what I am assuming you are asking about.

Timing plate

Porting

Pipes to compliment porting

Something other then stock for intake

Lightened Flywheel (some like it, some don't, some are indifferent)

Gearing

Suspension

Billet Impeller

Smaller domes and higher octane fuel

Upgrade clutch (spings, plates, pancake bearing)

The list is endless, what's your budget? That will tell you a lot!

SP

I would say you are missing a lot! I really don't see much in your list that I would consider performance modifications (other then your carbs which probably aren't needed on a stock port) which is what I am assuming you are asking about.

Timing plate

Porting

Pipes to compliment porting

Something other then stock for intake

Lightened Flywheel (some like it, some don't, some are indifferent)

Gearing

Suspension

Billet Impeller

Smaller domes and higher octane fuel

Upgrade clutch (spings, plates, pancake bearing)

The list is endless, what's your budget? That will tell you a lot!

SP

My budget is endless I just need some parts. I was thinking about porting but I figure I would do that when my engine blows a hole in the case or I dont have anymore size to bore. Then when I get a stock one port it. That way I get my money worth. My gearing on it is different I dont know how much but ill let you know which reminds me I want the stock gearing for the rear. Not the part that goes onto the front part of the chain.

My budget is endless I just need some parts. I was thinking about porting but I figure I would do that when my engine blows a hole in the case or I dont have anymore size to bore. Then when I get a stock one port it. That way I get my money worth. My gearing on it is different I dont know how much but ill let you know which reminds me I want the stock gearing for the rear. Not the part that goes onto the front part of the chain.

if your budget is endless, build a 20mm DMX!!!!! :evil:

Edited by volfan537240

K today was the first day I could actually run it after I did the break in process. We dragged a little today and I just want to say that right now I guess my bike is quick enough. There is no competition out on the track lol. We all got in a big line which consisted of 2 Honda 250r 3 wheelers, Tecate 4, Honda 250r 4 wheeler, Honda 400ex, a Honda 300ex. I left everything behind BAD. I need to get tires because I was spinning off the line bad. All in all right now till I get beat I'm happy with what I got I have to get a timing plate and different sprockets because the one I got is bad. Anyways I am waiting for my cousin to get his LT500 done so we can compare I mean his is a little more performance wise lol. I think its bored .1 over. ported and everything so I wanna see the outcome. Ill hopefully get some videos of it.

K today was the first day I could actually run it after I did the break in process. We dragged a little today and I just want to say that right now I guess my bike is quick enough. There is no competition out on the track lol. We all got in a big line which consisted of 2 Honda 250r 3 wheelers, Tecate 4, Honda 250r 4 wheeler, Honda 400ex, a Honda 300ex. I left everything behind BAD. I need to get tires because I was spinning off the line bad. All in all right now till I get beat I'm happy with what I got I have to get a timing plate and different sprockets because the one I got is bad. Anyways I am waiting for my cousin to get his LT500 done so we can compare I mean his is a little more performance wise lol. I think its bored .1 over. ported and everything so I wanna see the outcome. Ill hopefully get some videos of it.

quadzillas (lt500) usually run pretty hard.....until they die. which usually doesnt take very long unless theyve had alot of work done to em to make them more reliable.