which fmf pipes do i have?

xater

yeah the guy i bought it from said when he rebuild it it had a port job but i guess ill have to take my reed cages out and take the exhaust off and look for myself. also it has more balls then my friends banshee w/ t5s so im guessing it must have a port job of some sort.

Edited by xater

My banshee came with the old fmf pipes. what kind are they?

i think back in the day flying machine factory did cylinders(late 80's).lets see a picture of those silencers

He is right, hard to tell without taking some measurements what kind of port it is. But from the looks of quality of work, it looks clean.

Who cares what it looks like., How does it run?

It runs great and pulls really hard. im still tuning it but pulls harder then a stock shee with t5s. spun my tires till 4th gear taking off on pavment. also i notest the reeds were alot different then my blasters, it has a smaller reed on top of the main reed that opens easyer. guessing its for better low end.

those were some of the first fmf's ever made YES fmf did port work, YES those cylinders are ported YES pretty much any decent port job and pipes WILL out pull a stocker banshee with JUST pipes. not everyone threw all that old stuff away back in the days. and in the old days porters were making big bucks on banshee's.. you gotta rember these things have been around for a LONG time. finding a nice set up like that from wayyy back just goes to show just cause its NEW dosent mean its better... dont get me wrong pipe design and overall knowledge of other factors on banshee's have come a long way.. intake ports look pretty decent. and your going to hate changing plugs with those pipes!!!