Banshee project 1

Ineedmoney

Banshee Project 1

Starting off with a Stock 02 Banshee.

Upgrades that will take effect this year.

1. k&n air filter kit

2. Pro circuit pipes

3. MX porting

4. +4 timing

5. All new suspension

6. Havent decided on what wheels yet. Name some good tires to use.

well im probaly alone on this one. most people like the Holeshot mxr's. I bought a ull set of kendals for my 250r before i traded it for my banshee and liked them so much i bought them in a complete tire wheel pkg for my shee. 18's in the back 20's up front. havent put them on yet but they will be going on in about a week and a half when i get home. my experience with them is they hook great and turn great as well. But the razors and holeshots are good tires as well.

josh

Edited by flint

well im probaly alone on this one. most people like the Holeshot mxr's. I bought a ull set of kendals for my 250r before i traded it for my banshee and liked them so much i bought them in a complete tire wheel pkg for my shee. 18's in the back 20's up front. havent put them on yet but they will be going on in about a week and a half when i get home. my experience with them is they hook great and turn great as well. But the razors and holeshots are good tires as well.

josh

Thanks i was gonna probably go wiht razrs but idk yet.

Razors work good. Thats what I have now, next winter IM going to 4mil. and a more extensive MX built bike, but Im going to run ITP mud lites since I only ride trails, with the occasional hill climb or tune session at the track

josh

You mean Kenda tires..There is no tire brand named Kendal...

Razors work good. Thats what I have now, next winter IM going to 4mil. and a more extensive MX built bike, but Im going to run ITP mud lites since I only ride trails, with the occasional hill climb or tune session at the track

Shold i get a 4mill, it wont be to next year when i have the mmoney, but do alot of people use them in mx.

Is it worth it.

• 2 months later...
Shold i get a 4mill, it wont be to next year when i have the mmoney, but do alot of people use them in mx.

Is it worth it.

a longer stroke makes for more torque so ya it is a good setup + dir used a ported 4mil set up on there prt de voux shee if i remember correcttly

why do you need 4 advanced timing??? :down: Are you going to race it?? Not drag races on the street and stuff, on a real track.

timing advance is a great modification for any type of riding and prob the best bang for the buck. I ride woods and mx and will be going to +7 once I get another (prob 6th one) timing plate.

timing advance is a great modification for any type of riding and prob the best bang for the buck. I ride woods and mx and will be going to +7 once I get another (prob 6th one) timing plate.

yeah but they're shit if you dont know how to set it up!!! And plus only people who race the shit out of them do that, other wise why would you need it during trail riding??

yeah but they're shit if you dont know how to set it up!!! And plus only people who race the shit out of them do that, other wise why would you need it during trail riding??

Well first of all they are real easy to setup (ie. doesn't take a genius) and secondly all i run are trails and when I went to +4 on my plate it really helped out the bottom end of the powerband (nice for the slower/tighter trails), hell I'm thinking of going to 5* next ride.

Well first of all they are real easy to setup (ie. doesn't take a genius) and secondly all i run are trails and when I went to +4 on my plate it really helped out the bottom end of the powerband (nice for the slower/tighter trails), hell I'm thinking of going to 5* next ride.

I second that, +4 is a great, cheap mod. More low end, and a good bang for the buck. The timing makes it run a hair hotter, but other then that you shouldnt even have to compensate for it in the jetting on a mild engine.

As for the tires I'm kind of partial to the Hole Shot HDs, definately a heavier, more expensive tires, but one of the best Ive found.

you`ve established you dont have the slightest fucking clue what your talking about.