Razr2's vs Holeshot GNCC

hercalmighty

Ok Im looking for some reviews on the Razr2's vs the GNCC's. I need a new tire and right now I have standard Holeshots on the rear. I actually like these tires alot. The problem I have with them though is the lack of traction on launches and side bite in turns. I never had a problem with the side bite until I widened the banshee. Now the rear wants to come around on me so Im looking for something with a little more control. I rode a banshee with Razr2's on it and I really didnt like them because I could really feel the weight of them. I think the GNCC's are alot lighter so Im thinking of going with them. I would like to hear from you guys on what you think of the two or your reviews on either or. Please no "those tires suck" or " those tires are great". Let me know WHY they are good or bad, pros and cons, differences between the two if you have used both.

Herc, I never had the holeshots but I just put some razr2's on and I could tell you there awesome. Side bite is rediculous. They're a lil expensive but about the same price as the holeshots. I was running the regular razr's before and I like these alot better. The lugs are deeper than any other tire I've seen and the lug pattern on the outside edges of the tire really help in roosting out of turns.

Not going to lie....I tried to spin a 180 (accellerating through it) on a trail and my two inside tires came off the ground a good bit. I definitely wasn't use to that much bite and I wasn't expecting that big of a difference from razr to razr2's.

Hope this helped....

The orignal Razrs are more of what you're looking for. I have ran all the Razrs tires, and i find either the orignal Razr or the Irazr are the best, The GNCC holshots I have not run yet, but people that do say they are awesome. The razrs 2 didnt work well for me in turns and when it got a bit slick out, the Irazrs hook like a mofo and just don't stop, sometimes they are almost too aggresive, espically climbing rutted out nast hills with rocks and shit, when the hook, you better be pointed the weay you wann go, LOL I use these tires in GNCC so I put them to the test.

Edited by Angel ripper

A.R., you said that they didn't work well for you in turns....did you find that they had too much bite? I think that might be my only problem with them.

Only when the track got a little slick or muddy, they seamed to spin me out in the turns more than I should have. otherwise they were good on the dry stuf. and over logs and shit, they ripped the bark right off. LOL

they are good tires, just personal prefernce i guess, i like the orignal Razr better

EDit, this was on a raptor and YFZ though, not a banshee

Edited by Angel ripper

ive run both and both have their strong points and weak points

the razr2's are extremely durable, last a LONG time, the compound is kind of hard though, and the spacing is a bit close, the cleanout isnt thaty great, and they spin quite a bit because of this.. they are also a bit heavier than the gncc's also, my old bald razr2's weigh more than a brand new gncc i have, never mounted, all in all they are good tough trail tires though, but i dont think they offer enough traction for a banshee. they work alot better on my friends raptor, and they have the torque that the extra few pounds doesnt mean much

i currently run the gncc's, i ran them for the past coujple seasons and will be getting a new set soon, (already have one i got free from them to replace the defective one i have) anyway they are great, compound is a bit softer, and the split knob makes them hook up amazing, the spacing is perfect, and the traction is great, they do ware faster though because of this, they are very tough, i have maybe 2 plugs between both rears and ride some nasty terrain, they are all around better than the razr 2's i would say, but they just wear out quicker, the traction is tough to beat for a 6 ply trail tire though, although the 20" are more like 19"s, they are noticeably shorter than the razr 2's on my friends bike, but yea.the fronts are great too, i was skepticle about that type of front tire will i tried, one, they handle and turn amazing, i love em, as far as the rears though, if you are lookin for traction go for the gncc's.. if you want the tire to last a bit longer and arnt so much concerned with traction, get the razr 2's .. or 1's even, but like somsone posted the other night in a tire thread.. what works good on one quad, doesnt always work good on the other, mainly speaking between 4 strokes and 2 strokes

Edited by Michael Jackson

well thats hard to say.. it depends on you ride, what you ride on, and how often you ride.,i ride on alot of coal and gravel and rocky trails, if i kept them off the coal hills they would have lasted alot longer, even wit half tread they still hook up pretty good, you have to see a pair close up to really get an idea how nasty the knobs on them are. ive run them for 2 seasons riding a little bit locally on dirt trails, and a bunch of times up in PA on the coal hills and coal covered/rocky trails and they have done pretty well, the razr 2s would have a bit more tread left on em im sure, but they still dont hook as good so.....

heres a pic of one,, they dont do much justice though, u gotaa see em in person, i love em

P1020899Large.jpg

Yeah I ride the same stuff man. I live about 1.5 hours from Coal Region. Yeah I need good tires for hooking up there and down here around the house on the MX track. Im sure my holeshots should have been changed a couple years ago but I just run them til I really need a new set. If I get 3 years out of the GNCC's Ill be happy.

I dont care what they say about you MJ, your alright in my book

• 2 weeks later...

just throwing my 2 cents out there i have holeshot hds and i get mad because i have a hard time throwing my ass end out and they grip great huge tread i ride on street allot as well and they still havnt barely worn down just my opinion i had razrs 2s and i like the holeshot hds allot better