Im reallt interested in this flat track.

payupsucka

You guys spend from $600 to a grand a weekend... :blink: ..Where the fuck you guys workin at and if they're hiring looksl ike I'm movin to Canada..I already got the eh part down...ha

well draging a 24 ft endclosed trailer about 3 1/2 hours with a ford f150 u can count on stopping at ever gas station thats mostly why if i throw by bike in the back of the truck mabey 300$

If your lookin to start racing, try and put some cash in your engine first. If you plan on running up front in the pro classes, start with a +4 stroker with porting and a set of boots then see how your wallet feels. If you are like me, I don't like spending if I don't have to. I don't run hard core like others but it can be fun if you like it without the budjet. Depending on your attendance at the track, tires might last longer!

If your lookin to start racing, try and put some cash in your engine first. If you plan on running up front in the pro classes, start with a +4 stroker with porting and a set of boots then see how your wallet feels. If you are like me, I don't like spending if I don't have to. I don't run hard core like others but it can be fun if you like it without the budjet. Depending on your attendance at the track, tires might last longer!

a smart thing would be to buy a bike thats already sey up for flat track

You guys spend from $600 to a grand a weekend... :blink: ..Where the fuck you guys workin at and if they're hiring looksl ike I'm movin to Canada..I already got the eh part down...ha

I worked with my dad and now moved out west hopping to get on with a oil rig.. I pull a 8x16 enclosed with a shit load of parts 2 quads and the truck is loaded down with 4 ppl . I got a GMC ext cab 5.3 4x4 it works a little going up hill I get 18mpg with the trailer on . I drive from 30mins up to 8 hours to a race 50 $ to 450$ in gas for the truck 200$ in gas for 2 quad oil 30$, pit pass for 2 guys 30$ then its 60$ to race 1/2mil and I think 40$ for 3/8mil. It a rich man sport but I'm sure the drag guy spend a good penny to go to a race for the weekend. oh dont for get the holet room for a night or two that 90$ a night

If you never have done it before throw some budget shocks up front and lowering kit in the rear. Go out run a few practices and beginner races to see if you even like it before you start throwing money at a set up. You may love it but you also might think it looked like fun but its just not for me. Some tracks have a open traction night so you can run knobbies. you just have to check the ones in your area to see what you can do.

Im amazed at how much you guys have spend.

I bought my banshee for $2500 Its stock boreXstroke, with a Duncan National kit. With Pep Tripple rate shocks up front. I had an old 250r dog bone laying around so i took that and hacked it up to fit my banshee to lower the rear. Dropped the front 2 inches with the shocks. and ran A LONG time with stock a-arms shocks, (just flipped rims on the front and wide offset rims on the rear) and no sway bar. Racing every weekend i started to realize my enigne in the straights was more than enough. It was the middle of the turns that was killing me.

In the beginner class that was no problem. after a few months i bought a sway bar off of ebay for $60 This makde things much more consistent in the turns not necessarily any faster just easier and consistent. about another 6 moths pass i pick up a -2 swinger off of ebay for $70. 2 months after that ebay a-arms for $150, Then i got a extended axle from a friend that was converting to a drag bike. Now running in the pro class i have swapped around with pipes, carbs, cylinders But when it comes down to it that old duncan motor kicks them 450's asses no problem. Just find out what your track requires to race, Go there and try it out. If you like it you can keep putting money into it. For 3 years straight i race every weekend just about. $45 to enter $25 in fuel for the bike, and i have 5 tracks within an hour of my house so driving wasn't a big deal. For me it was very cheap i guess.

Me and Pete do spend alot of money but we are racing some big name bikes, like Rath, sparks, and so on most of them are not 450 more like 495 or 540 ect, with alot of money. most of the guys we race with are from NY and they travel to alot of big races. I don't really like to buy used parts so ill pay the price for new so I dont get f*cked on parts. For race gas it from 75$ to 140$ for 5gals. gas last summer was 97.9 to105.8 a liter and we travel up to 600k's to a race. and a other 600k's home. I pull a 8x16 enclosed trailer with 2 quads and parts to rebuild them at the track if needed to. alot of the of the money we spend is in traveling.

Yes you can buy used parts and save money and if the track is right by you, you save alot more money .