***Please take this POLL about water and sticking throttle**

Do you have a problem when hitting water puddle or creeks?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Have you had a problem when hitting water?

2. Did it bog or rev?

3. Do you have stock carbs?

4. Do they have the tors still on top?

5 What year is your banshee?

1-No 2-NA 3-Yes 4-Yes 5-2004 Lots of long deep water x-ings with the air box lid on, water level pretty much all the way up to the air intake, although not a lot has ever got into the air box, somtimes tires were spinning throwing water all over. However the bike is pretty new so the banshee swimming was done at less than 6 Mo.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound stupid, but years ago I traded my 250r to my friend for a 94 banshee. He traded it off because he had the sticking problem and it drove him crazy. After we traded and i freshend the top end, I switched to klotz supertechnaplate premix and never had a problem with the carbs sticking. My theory is lubrication. Just my.02

i run at 32:1 and it still "sticks" but that chrome coating is almost completely worn off. it doesnt really feel like they are sticking but i suppose it wouldnt rev to well if they werent open. and it only revs after it gets wet and i crack the throttle when i had the TORS it would idle really nice but as soon as i would hit the throttle at all it would just bog down

I want to add a few things to the list. I want everyone who has this problem to also list your filter setup, boostbottle or stock crossover, and stock or aftermarket pipes.

water problem- yes

it revs (only one side seems to stick)

stock carbs

tors functional

pro design plate&filter w/lid on and no snorkle

boost bottle

pro circuit pipes

Mine even does it in foggy conditions. One thing I noticed last time I rode, was that I could run through a puddle, and it would stick like hell, but I could plow through snow drifts and be covered in snow, and it would'nt stick.