Which piston is better?

i keep hearing from people that stock pistons are better than wiseco,

that makes sense to me because on the box it says "wiseco forged pistons", meaning they are trying to copy stock ones but just cant do it aswell?

so which one is longer lasting and better quality?

so if i was to bore out my juggs. assuming the stock and wiseco were the same price, which set of pistons should i get?

Sell your bike please....

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

when you say you hear "people" sayin stock pistons are better than wisco's do you really mean your mechanic? :geek:

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

when you say you hear "people" sayin stock pistons are better than wisco's do you really mean your mechanic? :geek:

nono.. i could have sworn people said that here.

i asked because my mechanic told me im crazy and wiseco is better than stock.

sorry for the dumb question, but i swear i coulda sworn people saying the stockers are tougher and last for ages! im 100% sure!

that makes sense to me because on the box it says "wiseco forged pistons", meaning they are trying to copy stock ones but just cant do it aswell?

see. this is the kind of talk that is always getting you in trouble. it makes ZERO sense. Forged means they're forged not cast (google it) and very strong. They're not trying to copy anything, they're making a superior piston.

Go Wiseco.

Edit: And why did you put this in the Gen. Discussion section, that's another mark against you. You can probably search Wiseco in the proper forum (Repairs & Mods) and get your answer.

Edited by sredish

ok.. now i know.

also the stock pistons from the dealer ( yamaha) cost $150 per piston, comes with the rings only, no circlips or wrist pins.

so id spend about $350 if i bought a set of stockers with the circlip wrist pin etc.

ok.. now i know.

also the stock pistons from the dealer ( yamaha) cost $150 per piston, comes with the rings only, no circlips or wrist pins.

so id spend about $350 if i bought a set of stockers with the circlip wrist pin etc.

as long as you know now

ok.. now i know.

150 per piston??!! thats fuckin insane. you can buy a set of wisecos, with pistons, rings, clips and bearings for not much more than that. 2 of them even!