**THE BANSHEE CLEANING AND DETAILING THREAD**

alright i think this thread would help a lot of people and answer a lot of questions.

post your ideas.

*cleaning tips,product..

*polishing tips,products..

*drying her :confused:

*anti-rusting products..

*rust removers..

*chrome cleaners and rust removers......list goes on

*pics and vids really appreciated

*post anything that has to do with banshee care and detailing.

thnx for all of your help and support.

and plz lets keep this thread REALLY ORGANIZED,thnx again

Well i still got my stock air filter, and i clean it once a week.

All i do is get a buckett of hot ass water put soap in it,

Take the filter off of the banshee and put it in the water and soak it, scrub the crap out of it.

Then take it out take a water hose and make sure all the soap is out of it.

Put it back on and its all good to go.

Im buying a k&N kit next week. R they really that much better.

i use a pressure washer when the toys get dirty (dont get it to close to plastics it will remove stickers really fast) that gets the heavy stuff off, then i get into the small areas with a sponge and the hose. i remove all plastics, seat, and guards on the bike, and just go to town on it lol. after i just let the bike sit in the sun for an hour or so then push it into the garage

to get rid of rust on the pipes, i pull them off the bike, and i use marine grade acid wash, which does wonders for the pipes. i get the spray bottle size from West Marine and just spray on the pipes, use a bristle brush and after a few seconds of scrubbin it should come right off. USE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA OTHEREWISE U WILL GET SMOKED OUT. DO NOT GET THIS STUFF ON ANYTHING NOT METAL ON THE BIKE IT WILL EAT RIGHT THROUGH IT! :blink: lol make sure to wear latex gloves to otherwise u will burn ur hands. after usin this stuff just wash the pipes with soapy water really well, then get some chrome polish and rub it on with a clean towel, rub it off and u will have shiny pipes again :cool:

About 5-7 cans of the cheap degreaser and a power washer.

I use neverdull AND mother billet polish TOGETHER. they both work good. but work even better used together.

Use old t-shirts to buff of your polish. DON'T USE YOUR WIFES, that gets ugly fast!!

Use windex on chrome

If you cant get rid of the streaks try some rubbing alcohol or just let it dry and buff it out with a clean towel

POWERBALL

To clean the top of the cases,

its kind of a hard spot to get to if you wanna keep water out of you carbs and filters. i spray it down realy good with degreaser and have at it with a tooth brush. get everything broke up. then get a squirt bottle and sill with water. turn it to stream and rinse it all down. it cleans it really well and only takes about 10 min.

Carbs

Take the carbs off spray them doen with carb cleaner, rinse, then soak them in degreaser/soap/hot water mix for about 10 min, take them out and take the bowels off.rise everything out and dry them off. you may need to toothbrush some of the small spots. BE SURE THEY ARE COMPLETELY DRY BEFORE REINSTALLING!

Rubber boots

If you cant cut the stains on anything rubber, intakes, air box boot, ect. spray a lil carb cleaner onto a rag and rub them down with it. when your finished put some tire care spray on them. The tire car helps moisturize them. its not a bad idea to put in on them every now and then to help prevent cracking.

Best thing. clean it after EVERY ride. the cleaner you keep it the easier it is to clean. and the more buildup on the bike can lead to more rust, tarnish, and for you to be slower cause everyone knows a clean shee is faster! :cool:

Carb cleaner is good to spray on your cases or anything metal that has a lot of gunk and grease on it...it will usually knock it right off....I also hear of people puttin WD40 on their frames to keep them from rusting

• 2 weeks later...

i usually end up at the car wash.. i soak the bike down with that green tire cleaner (some bad ass shit) and let it soak, then use the hi pressure soap and spray it down, then just rinse it off.. for rusty pipes i get the soapy SOS pads. get them wet and gently scrub the pipes.. it works great... i just use mothers polish on the shiny stuff.. powdercoated cases clean up very easily also.. and the green tire cleaner is finish friendly..