Need some expert opinions, help me out guys

Joey

I don't know about this thread by the sounds of it most ppl on this site should join yfz central or are on the verge of joining?

I am not sure what it is but i love my shee, every time i ride with my buddies on there raptor 700's and 660's, yfz'z ltr'z kfx's and 1 ds i just have a chuckle at how damn shitty they sound and perform for the money they paid...... and have into those things. i don't know maybe its just me but the four stroke craze is just promotional performance beat into peoples heads by advertising and hype not one stock 4 stroke i have ridden has lived up to its hype.

Is this just me ? and if it is then i will live in my dream world ... because its nice here the air smells of glorious race fuel and 2 stroke!!!

We are just trying to give him some unbiased advice. We all know that a banshee can be built into whatever you want it to be. However stock for stock ( I mean stock right down to pipes) A 450 kills a banshee in every aspect. It will be faster handle and stop way better and the suspension is far better. Sorry, thats the facts. I didn't want to belive it until i rode one but thats the way it is. Put some pipes, and shocks on a banshee and some 450 calipers, and you have something going on. Problem is that will cost him money, and for what he is getting that 450 for he is doing the right thing. If he was anywhere near me, id be down at the dealer tommorrow.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are just trying to give him some unbiased advice. We all know that a banshee can be built into whatever you want it to be. However stock for stock ( I mean stock right down to pipes) A 450 kills a banshee in every aspect. It will be faster handle and stop way better and the suspension is far better. Sorry, thats the facts. I didn't want to belive it until i rode one but thats the way it is. Put some pipes, and shocks on a banshee and some 450 calipers, and you have something going on. Problem is that will cost him money, and for what he is getting that 450 for he is doing the right thing. If he was anywhere near me, id be down at the dealer tommorrow.

yeah, as much as i like 2 strokes, 4 strokes are really nice... they are so comfortable. they are fun to ride, its really nice, a 450... seriously those are the best of the best, for so cheap and brand new, seriously.. its PERFECT!

Well I appreciate everything that everyone posted. I am going to pick up the yfz tomorrow morning. :evil:

I don't know about this thread by the sounds of it most ppl on this site should join yfz central or are on the verge of joining?

I am not sure what it is but i love my shee, every time i ride with my buddies on there raptor 700's and 660's, yfz'z ltr'z kfx's and 1 ds i just have a chuckle at how damn shitty they sound and perform for the money they paid...... and have into those things. i don't know maybe its just me but the four stroke craze is just promotional performance beat into peoples heads by advertising and hype not one stock 4 stroke i have ridden has lived up to its hype.

Is this just me ? and if it is then i will live in my dream world ... because its nice here the air smells of glorious race fuel and 2 stroke!!!

Thanks for being honest. I am going with teh YFZ though.

Yah you can buy a 4 poke for like 4200. But you could all so buy a banshee for 1400 and take what evers left from the 4200 that you were going to spend on a 4 poke and build a nasty shee and get a better bang for your buck. If it was up to me id go with a shee any day. Im a die hard 2 stroker. The only 4 stroke id own is a car

Yah you can buy a 4 poke for like 4200. But you could all so buy a banshee for 1400 and take what evers left from the 4200 that you were going to spend on a 4 poke and build a nasty shee and get a better bang for your buck. If it was up to me id go with a shee any day. Im a die hard 2 stroker. The only 4 stroke id own is a car

Very true, If you are strapped for cash the shee is the way to go, I picked up mine for $900 with a extra set of paddle tires, rebuilt the top end and $400 buck later it rips. I love 2 strokes also but I have a 4 stroke and love the easy predictable power band. If I could only have one bike and money didn't matter it would be the 450 though.

Yeah thats a great idea but I dont wanna buy something that I have to build. I just wanna hop on and go.

right on man i hear ya..... i was on a bit of a soap box last night! yeah stock for stock they are a better machine but while sayng that my cousins ltr was slower then my stock banshee in a straight line not by much but still slower.

Good for "joey" hopefully he loves the machine and has great success with it it just seems when ever i go riding the boy all want to ride banshee. they all wanted a banshee but every time they went in the salesman sold them on a 4 stroke and most of them regret it!

good luck "joey" ride the balls off it and when it breaks .............. get a banshee ! lol jk

yeah, as much as i like 2 strokes, 4 strokes are really nice... they are so comfortable. they are fun to ride, its really nice, a 450... seriously those are the best of the best, for so cheap and brand new, seriously.. its PERFECT!

all four strokes are comfortable? there are a bunch of people agreeing with me in this thread saying how the shee is more comfortable than the 450. also, whether the engine is 2 or 4 stroke has no effect on how comfortable the bike is, or how you sit on it lol

Joe your saying you wana hope on and go. Well aftwr a while it gets boring feeling the same old power and riding the same. Not ballzy and shit. Your going to want to mod your quad. Expecually when you love to ride. If you put your money in a 4 poke your just waisting your time. Don't bitch at me for that but you could take the money for your pipe you wana buy for the yfz and buy a nice set of pipes that match your driving terrain and style for the banshee and you will love the thing. That's what so geat about shees you can get anything you want for the way you ride. Also buy a used shee. I know you wana hope on and go I don't wana fix somebody elses problem bla bla bla. You can get pirfectly mint shees already moded to some extent for like 2 to 2500 bucks. You won't be disapointed with the shee. The seats are mad comfertable it has power when you need it and I think it sits better than yfz and rides better. I rode a trx450r and im all over the front end. It sits gay. Im not saying yfz are like that im just comparing the shee to something else.

Joe your saying you wana hope on and go. Well aftwr a while it gets boring feeling the same old power and riding the same. Not ballzy and shit. Your going to want to mod your quad. Expecually when you love to ride. If you put your money in a 4 poke your just waisting your time. Don't bitch at me for that but you could take the money for your pipe you wana buy for the yfz and buy a nice set of pipes that match your driving terrain and style for the banshee and you will love the thing. That's what so geat about shees you can get anything you want for the way you ride. Also buy a used shee. I know you wana hope on and go I don't wana fix somebody elses problem bla bla bla. You can get pirfectly mint shees already moded to some extent for like 2 to 2500 bucks. You won't be disapointed with the shee. The seats are mad comfertable it has power when you need it and I think it sits better than yfz and rides better. I rode a trx450r and im all over the front end. It sits gay. Im not saying yfz are like that im just comparing the shee to something else.

Well like I said earlier I dont plan to or want to mod whatever I buy. I spend most of my excess cash in my truck. I got a chance to sit on both (but not ride) and the YFZ seems to fit me a lot better then the shee. I dont need a shit ton of power. I ride my brothers Z400 and it is fast enough for the trails I ride. The Shee jsut seems so dated when it comes to handling and even the looks. Sure it is fast as hell but I need something that can turn too. I will never be on sand dunes or too many wide open areas. (main reason I am going with the YFZ) I ride tight wooded trails.

right on man i hear ya..... i was on a bit of a soap box last night! yeah stock for stock they are a better machine but while sayng that my cousins ltr was slower then my stock banshee in a straight line not by much but still slower.

Good for "joey" hopefully he loves the machine and has great success with it it just seems when ever i go riding the boy all want to ride banshee. they all wanted a banshee but every time they went in the salesman sold them on a 4 stroke and most of them regret it!

good luck "joey" ride the balls off it and when it breaks .............. get a banshee ! lol jk

haha it funny hearing my name in third person. :blink:

all four strokes are comfortable? there are a bunch of people agreeing with me in this thread saying how the shee is more comfortable than the 450. also, whether the engine is 2 or 4 stroke has no effect on how comfortable the bike is, or how you sit on it lol

I agree the motor has nothing to do with comfort. But now that I have sat on both the YFZ seems to fit me better. Comfort is a matter of opinion and will vary between everyone.

No how your puting money in your truck. Well after a while your gana want to put it into a quad. But w/e. Seems like you already have your mind made up. But when its time for me to say I told your so. Im gana say I told you so

:down:

No shit I made up my mind. I posted that I am getting the YFZ a while back. I understand how the mod bug will bite and infect me though. I will eventually do shit to the bike. But I am not into rebuild a whole motor and replacing suspension parts. I may pick up a banshee down the road if I find one for a steal. Also I do not have $4000 cash to buy the bike. I am going to finance whatever I get to help build up my credit some. So buying from a personal seller is out of the question. Sicne I can not buy from a personal seller I can't go buy a used banshee for $2000 with a bunch of shit done to it from someone.

Thanks for all the replies. Everyone helped out, it was nice to see a few non-biased answers considering this is a Banshee forum. If I asked a YFZ forum they would all say BUY the YFZ!!!