Need some expert opinions, help me out guys

Joey

Well I made a post about me buying a 2000 Banshee but now I have a second option.

Here is what I am looking at.

First is the Shee. Its a 2000 in mint condition with FMF pipes and is stock otherwise. Price will be $2900 out the door from a dealer.

vp1114691_3_large.jpg

Second option is a NEW 2008 YFZ 450. The manager said I can have it for $4800 out the door. To me this seems like an INSANE deal.

I can get this one or a blue one.

yfz450190.jpg

What I will use the bike for...

I will be mostly riding trails and some wide open fields. The trails is why I am thinking about the YFZ.

This will also be my first quad. I have been riding atvs and dirtbikes my whole life but this will be the first ATV that I will own and have to maintain. I have also never worked on any two stroke engine.

Benefits of buying the newer bike is the fact that its NEW. I don't wanna end up buying someone else's problems. Plus I will get a warranty. Plus I hear that the YFZs suspension is superb.

Benefits of teh banshee are the sheer upper end power and fun factor of teh 350 twin.

I just want some opinions from the people who have ridden both and which is the better "Deal" I do not plan on modding either one. Maybe an exhaust on the YFZ.

Thanks for any and all help.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id buy the 450.. you can find cheap banshees all day long. thats a steal on the 450.

yeah it seemed like a hell of a deal

the 450 definitely! you can get a nicer banshee for less than that. the 450 is a dream to ride. you will fall in love with it.

I have never been on either so its nice to get some opinions

450 is the better deal.

thanks

Call me crazy but I would take a shee over a yfz anyday but 4 strokes are nice for puttin on the trail

haha I wouldnt call you crazy. I want all opinions.

What did you find uncomfortable about it? I am going to look at both side by side and see which I like more.

the way you kind of sit like leaning down and forward on it. after a while it gets uncomfortable. with the banshee, you sit more upgright, which is way more comfortable, and you can still lean down on the front, when hauling ass. to me, the way you sit on the shee is much more similar to the craptor 700 than the 450.

the way you kind of sit like leaning down and forward on it. after a while it gets uncomfortable. with the banshee, you sit more upgright, which is way more comfortable, and you can still lean down on the front, when hauling ass. to me, the way you sit on the shee is much more similar to the craptor 700 than the 450.

your right...my brother has a 2006 450 and I ride it sometimes...The fucking thing rides rough...beats you up.

I'll take the way a banshee rides over a 450 anyday!!!