New Here trying to learn

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not familiar with those carbs at all, so I'm not even going to act like I do and give ya some misinformation. But, there are a shit ton of knowledgable folks here and I'm sure someone will chime in. Sounds like you're gettin there though :thumbsup:

Yea man if it werent for rollins , zach , magz and you this thing would still be sitting , lol

Thanks again to everyone!

I will be riding it soon enough , somewhere , lol .

Do you guys have like a regional section on here so i can see if there are any locals near me ?

Yea man if it werent for rollins , zach , magz and you this thing would still be sitting , lol

Thanks again to everyone!

I will be riding it soon enough , somewhere , lol .

Do you guys have like a regional section on here so i can see if there are any locals near me ?

np man... i only chimed in towards the end...

Every little bit help , if it wasnt for the one link you posted up i would still be clueless how to re-jet this thing , haha

we were all there at one point...

for me...once i understood how the carb worked.... it was easy to understand jetting and hot to do it...

Those carbs will jet damn close to stockers,I had mikuni 30mm carbs and they jetted one main size up from the stockers and pilots the same.I had ahell of a time getting jets for theses carbs do to odd pilot jet shape.I had to deal straight with Sudco(carb dist.) to get all my rebuilding parts.Also no one stocked a throttle cable to fit I called motion pro and they made one custom.All in all my bike ran strong but they are alot harder to tune because no-one runs them.If you call sudco they will give you base jetting for a banshee with those carbs but we still need to know what you have.

I would start with 220 main 25 pilot with stock air box/pipes needle rite in the middle

Those carbs will jet damn close to stockers,I had mikuni 30mm carbs and they jetted one main size up from the stockers and pilots the same.I had ahell of a time getting jets for theses carbs do to odd pilot jet shape.I had to deal straight with Sudco(carb dist.) to get all my rebuilding parts.Also no one stocked a throttle cable to fit I called motion pro and they made one custom.All in all my bike ran strong but they are alot harder to tune because no-one runs them.If you call sudco they will give you base jetting for a banshee with those carbs but we still need to know what you have.

I would start with 220 main 25 pilot with stock air box/pipes needle rite in the middle

I plan on ordering some exhaust and a K&N Filter here in the next couple of days , Would this kit here :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DYNOJET-KIT...sQ5fAccessories

Work with what i got and get me tuned right ?

I plan on ordering some exhaust and a K&N Filter here in the next couple of days , Would this kit here :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DYNOJET-KIT...sQ5fAccessories

Work with what i got and get me tuned right ?

just go and buy a bunch of separate jets for those carbs... get a whole range of sizes...

jetting is alot of trial and error...

That jet kit will not work.The needles will not fit nor the pilots.You will have to call someone direct tell them carb type and they will send you shit.SUDCO racing is the name of the place or if you want just buy stockers .I would start with 220-240mains 25 pilot stock needle for carb on 3rd clip,now here is where it gets tricky with those carbs,on the intake side there is a little brass jet(air jet) that allows more fine tuning between pilot sizes if your not happy with 2 1/2 incriment sizes.If you can take the pilot out and show me I have tons of jets for those carbs but need to make sure of pilot shape because there are 3 diffrent ones

Im going to see if anyone wants to do a straight trade , my carbs for there stockers . Im not familiar with all of that and i think im just gonna stick with the stockers .

So does anyone want to trade ? lol

hmmm...... should I? :rolleyes:

i'm getting ready for a tors removal, just need to find the tap here @ work.

you should give the flats a try, imo

Im going to see if anyone wants to do a straight trade , my carbs for there stockers . Im not familiar with all of that and i think im just gonna stick with the stockers .

So does anyone want to trade ? lol

mayb i eill... stright up trade?

we each pay own shipping.... pm me

Im going to see if i can get the pilots and mains for the carbs i got and if i can i will keep them , but i dont want tospend a whole lot of time trying to do so , but i guess thats all i got is time .

What so speacial about these 28mm carbs and the flats ? someone please enlighten me , lol .

Edited by 04srt4black

Found a website to order the jets from ,i talked to cris @ sudco and he said they only sale in bulk now and to order from this site

http://wwm.ehsracing.com/store/items.aspx?...ETS&key=cat

Now my question is they have 3 types of pilots and a large/small main .

Which pilot do i need and which size main do i need ? large or small ? or do i need to just call them and ask ?