4mil crank

i was thinking about getting porting work done, and can either stick to the stock crank and get it trued and welded or get a 4 mill crank.. what performace gains will the 4 mil give , is it worth the money?

I put a 4 mill in my bike last year after ridding it for 4 years with a stock stoke. I would never think of going back. It makes way more power and it is a blast to ride. It has more power all the way from top to bottom. Just a word of warning better start working your arms out if you but a 4 mill in lol my arms hurt after a weekend of ridding now. As far as being worth it. In my opion it was money well spent! If you are going toport it anyhow and you dont have a weleded crank spend the extra few bucks and get the crank.

Edited by motor builder

^^^^smartest thing he has said in a while^^^^^^ LOL J/K jamey

yeah.. get a crank! :P

i actually have ridden my mates bike.. who has a 4mil and porting ( the porting is mild, not so good), and a cool head.. those 3 things he has that i dont on my bike..

although his compression was 150 on one side and 90 on the other, it still ran mint and it was literally hard to hold on (was in the desert) plus he had bald maxxis tires.. the HP it has is just incredible.. i was on 5th gear pushing full .. and found my ass moving the back of the seat.. its HARD to hold on..

i couldnt imagine with bike with paddles..

I am in the same boat as you. I'm going with a 4mil stroker set up. Gonna get flotek to port my juggs for my cpis, pump gas and the stroker crank. Also, ima need some custom cut 19cc domes. I have never ridden a bike w/ a 4mil so hopefully i will notice a difference. I'm only doing it for more torque. I dont know if it increases hp.

I sure like mine, I just got it running a couple of days ago and i'm still breaking it in. So far I noticed alot more low end power and I do mean ALOT! I have yet to hit the powerband on this thing but I am sure it will be a monster. :evil: get the 4mil. you will never go back to a stock stroke I gaurantee you.

I sure like mine, I just got it running a couple of days ago and i'm still breaking it in. So far I noticed alot more low end power and I do mean ALOT! I have yet to hit the powerband on this thing but I am sure it will be a monster. :evil: get the 4mil. you will never go back to a stock stroke I gaurantee you.

Sucks braking it in and not hitting a band for a while doesn't it? I just got my 4 mil done about 3 weeks ago and it is awesome I like the difference in sound I got out of mine too.

i'm in the process of getting a 4 mil crank, porting, bore/hone also. this may sound like a dumb question but i saw a set of cylinder base gaskets for a stroker crank. what's that about? you can just use the standard stock cylinder base gaskets right? i'm getting stroker domes so there won't be any spacer plates anywhere either.