Why are my carbs like this?

yeah mate i got that part right, its just by default, one slide is higher than the other, and the carb tops are on properly, all looks good, slides are in properly in, just by default one slide is higher than the other, but when i pull the throttle, they move EXACTLY at the same time.

the slides are supposed to be at the same height.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a manual is always a good investment when owning a banshee. you can get a Clymer manual for the banshee on E-bay or from one of the performance shops. its just good to have, even for a reference since there were a few changes over the years. i'm just assuming you don't already have one. its alot easier when you have it right in front of you that trying to explain it on the forum. details sometimes get lost in explainations. hope this helps.

yeah im working on getting one.

all im trying to say is, when the banshee is off, not running ( or idling... if you look at the slides, one slide looks to have a bigger space left for air to flow in it or whatever, the other slide is a smaller gap.. ( its lower than the other basically), but when i push the throttle they both move up at the same time.

the difference is slight but easily noticeable with the human eye.

i will get a pic up although it would be hard to tell from a picture but ill try.

why ask for help, only to turn down correct info .... ?/

ps: your "mechanic" isnt a mechanic

uhm... whhhhat? why are you just copying what one idiot said,? WHAT info? did you give me and i turned down? all i said is i dont want to remove my TORS, which has NOTHING to do with my problem, NOTHING.

any helpful information i did not turn down, please correct me if im wrong and show me one place where i turned down something.

yeah, he is not a mechanic actually. i just call him that, he does things for me for free, and he did not study any degree or anything, he just rebuilt many banshees etc, he knows many things you could say but nothing you could find out like small things on the internet...

if you know what i mean... he knows how to replace pistons new top end he claims.. but these small things etc he does not know.

but hes overall smart and a nice guy he helps me out for free if i go to him.

Edited by blaster2006

i agree with the above statement. Take the time to research, and solve problems yourself. Resort to HQ when you are completely stumped. You only learn by making mistakes, and realizing what needs to be done so those same mistakes don't happen again. You will always get shit here by asking redundant, stupid questions. Also, I wouldnt refer to your mechanic anymore, this guy sounds like a real piece of work.

Invest your time, invest in a manual, and figure it out. Thats half the fun of owning a banshee.

Also, there is no reason to keep the TORS. To make your life really easy, go get yourself some keihin 28mm PWK's!

Not here to dog on you bud, just a little advice from a 10yr banshee owner that used to ask stupid questions.

Try adjusting your throttle cable so your slides sit at the same height on either side. I think you said you adjusted your tors to make that happen, but you may want to re-visit it.

Good luck!

God damn, to everyone flipping out on this guy why dont you just chill and try to help him re-solve the problem or go do something else with your time.

He doesn't want a fucking tors elimination kit and we already know his mechanic could not resolve the problem, so why doesn't it get left at that?

So dropping the idle screw on the slide that is higher does not drop the slide correct?

Have you tried raising the lower side slide?

uhm... whhhhat? why are you just copying what one idiot said,? WHAT info? did you give me and i turned down? all i said is i dont want to remove my TORS, which has NOTHING to do with my problem, NOTHING.

any helpful information i did not turn down, please correct me if im wrong and show me one place where i turned down something.

yeah, he is not a mechanic actually. i just call him that, he does things for me for free, and he did not study any degree or anything, he just rebuilt many banshees etc, he knows many things you could say but nothing you could find out like small things on the internet...

if you know what i mean... he knows how to replace pistons new top end he claims.. but these small things etc he does not know.

but hes overall smart and a nice guy he helps me out for free if i go to him.

i see you went back and edited your reply.. stop raging out man, people are trying to help you and you keep saying NO ITS NOT THAT!! THE CARBS ARE SYNCED PERFECTLY!! bla bla bla... if you dont want anyones help, dont ask for it.. get rid of the tors and your life will be 100 times easier, for your info, the slides are not supposed to be at different levels, and one carb does not "sit lower" than the other one or whatever you have convinced yourself of.. take guys advice from here, they know what they are talking about..dont get all defensive

all im trying to say is, when the banshee is off, not running ( or idling... if you look at the slides, one slide looks to have a bigger space left for air to flow in it or whatever, the other slide is a smaller gap.. ( its lower than the other basically), but when i push the throttle they both move up at the same time.

i will get a pic up although it would be hard to tell from a picture but ill try.

is what you are saying is that one of your carb slides has a bigger opening cut

into it for the idle circuit? .... :shrug:

When the throttle is pulled all the way open do the slides eventually meet or even up somewhere along the way

Be more specific blast.

And this is the same guy that answers peoples technical questions when he cant even sync a set of carbs. Site has gone down hill.

You've been here for three months, this shit happens all the time. The guy doesn't want to take advice when he asks for it so let him and his "mechanic" figure it out. Its a very easy fix and three or four people have already told him how to fix it. If he would stop being such a dick bag, he would already have it done.

You've been here for three months, this shit happens all the time. The guy doesn't want to take advice when he asks for it so let him and his "mechanic" figure it out. Its a very easy fix and three or four people have already told him how to fix it. If he would stop being such a dick bag, he would already have it done.

I hear ya, I started posting 3 months ago but I used to check this site out. Was a PS guy before but never really liked it much, this seems much better. I am just worried about people like this giving out advice on dome cc's and jetting and he cant even sync a set of carbs or take advice for that matter

So I just sold my bike, went bigger.... and it only cost me 200 :evil:

I need to figure something out for the rims... I'm not too keen on the blue purple. (it looks better in person, but still needs to be changed)

cbr600f.jpg

cbr600f2.jpg

gsxr1.jpg

gsxr4.jpg

HaHa not only am I aspiring to be that "Picture Quote guy" I am doing it in the wrong thread.

(sorry for the hijack.....thread returned) Heres for you peter :biggrin: