Boost Bottle?

Badasshee

Use the Search Feature, it's been covered.

We all know how it is "supposed to work" and the idea behind it.

Like it's been said 1,000,000 times, it doesn't do anything.

It will not give you better response, it will not make more horsepower, it will get in your way, it could crack the intake boots.

Nobody talks trash about the stock crossover because they didn't pay any extra for it...and it came on the bike.

It wasn't labeled "boost tube" and sold for 15 to 25 bucks....

Truth be told, plug the holes with bolts, use hose clamps to make sure they're sealed, and make sure the bolt doesn't protrude into the intake path.

You'll never, ever notice a difference either way, good or bad.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the boost bottle...I use it for a distraction..While the competition is laughing and pointing at it , is about the time he or she gets a free refill on the all you can eat roost special.No it doesnt do anything but if you have it and it works dont trip and spend money on getting rid of it..Also dont go out of your way to put one on.. :biggrin:

first of let me say this before i comment on the boost bottle. stfu with your stupid fucking search feature! every time some one post a topic that theres some smart ass who comments by saying use the search feature. seriously? the question was regarding boost bottles not banshee forums literacy. if he wanted a smart ass answer he would of made the topic tittle "Does the search feature really answer all of my questions".

now back on topic, the boost bottle acts like a crossover intake, and many (not all) banshee riders here have in some way linked both carbs together via boost bottle, billet cross over intake or even a simple crossover tube. the advantage to this is when your engine starts sucking gas into the cylinders, sometimes the dual carb setup isn't always perfectly synchronized. so when the fuel from one carb is on its compression stroke the opposing side is starting to fill itself back up with fuel. with having the carbs linked together it helps because both carbs can be focused on one cylinder.

its what i like to call the buddy system. now i dont see how a boost bottle can be called junk when crossovers are exactly the same theory and no one talks trash about them. the only complain i can see being legit is that some older boost bottle designs created unnesseary stress on the intake boots and caused them to crack, but since then i have seen new and improved boost bottle setups.

take what you want out of all this. i hope this made sence and let me wrap this up by saying this. i dont see the boost bottle or any other form of this creating huge hp on the dyno, but i do see how this could over all give you a quicker snappier throttle response.

Now if the original poster had used the search feature you wouldn't have had to type all that bullshit.......Catch my drift?

first of let me say this before i comment on the boost bottle. stfu with your stupid fucking search feature! every time some one post a topic that theres some smart ass who comments by saying use the search feature. seriously? the question was regarding boost bottles not banshee forums literacy. if he wanted a smart ass answer he would of made the topic tittle "Does the search feature really answer all of my questions".

now back on topic, the boost bottle acts like a crossover intake, and many (not all) banshee riders here have in some way linked both carbs together via boost bottle, billet cross over intake or even a simple crossover tube. the advantage to this is when your engine starts sucking gas into the cylinders, sometimes the dual carb setup isn't always perfectly synchronized. so when the fuel from one carb is on its compression stroke the opposing side is starting to fill itself back up with fuel. with having the carbs linked together it helps because both carbs can be focused on one cylinder.

its what i like to call the buddy system. now i dont see how a boost bottle can be called junk when crossovers are exactly the same theory and no one talks trash about them. the only complain i can see being legit is that some older boost bottle designs created unnesseary stress on the intake boots and caused them to crack, but since then i have seen new and improved boost bottle setups.

take what you want out of all this. i hope this made sence and let me wrap this up by saying this. i dont see the boost bottle or any other form of this creating huge hp on the dyno, but i do see how this could over all give you a quicker snappier throttle response.

Haha thanks man i totally agree with u, thats kinda the whole point of this sight is to talk and ask questions. But alright that makes sense so the boost botlle isnt really a must have item.

i just put a boost bottle on my banshee. i definitely felt a big difference down low in the power range. i think i could maybe even pull a higher gear in front.

i know some people say they are worthless, but i think its a great mod.

i nvr can tell if he is joking. lol

Oh yes and another thing.

For statistical purposes.

Any stats or data that was possibly gathered in this result of two "stock Banshees" having this much dynamics in thier data would suggest that the data is so far squewed it would be for all reasons considered to be an outlier and non conclusive in its analysis.

A good college statistics class will help in these areas in determining outlyer data

I still dont believe it.

Ill play Missouri with ya.

"SHOW ME"

lol becuase you went to college statistics class dosent mean you have any clue about what your talking about. im pretty sure your professor dosnt have a clue about 2 stroke engine desgin and devlopment, and to say the results are inconclusive because of the drastic variation is ignorant. the boost bottle is ment to increase performance so a chart with an increase would only make sence, but im not saying that the dyno results are accurate because i wasnt personaly there.

i say the topic isnt dead untill we have a dyno test that we forsure know is accurate and legit. so as soon as some one can rechart it, i say the boost bottle is a plausable performance upgrade.

I bet 98 percent of the people who talk shit about the boost bottle are just "going along with everyone else.

and they will laugh at someone for spending 30 bucks on it,,, and even if it does nothing{ and that can't be proven} it gives you alittle bling. Then they will go spend 300 bucks on a case cover that does nothing but add weight.

and then there is the people that say. "oh it will crack your boots bullshit}, funny ive had one on my old 98 banshee, and when i finally took it off, guess what NO crack.

wow, and I have never seen one case where it cracked the boots, that was just somebody saying it does that, then everyone else goes along with it, without even knowing shit

bottom line is nobody really knows if it works or not,

but like I said before Doung eichner used one on his 7 time pont de vaux banshee.

Edited by Angel ripper