34mm PJs too big?

Ieat4strokes

Fellaz, finally got rid of one of my streetbikes and the upgrade process begins..... i ordered a set of T5s, vforce 3's, and looking into carbs now..... i can get some 34mm PJs for 250 shipped and was wondering was that too big for a stock motor, i am def getting a dune port from Brandon soon, but was wondering can i go ahead and slap em on? also where should i start with the mains/ pilots? thanks a bunch.... i can get some 28 pwks for the same price and just wanted to go ahead and go bigger now instead of having to buy some more when i port and possibly stroke.....

ttt......... i know some of you guru's got some advice for me?

yeah why not.. go up about 2 sizes up on the main jets that you would have used on a stock carb so it will equal the gas amount.

so if you were to put 300 mains on your stock carb with the mods you got, on the 34mm put 320s (although i know its not mikuni but u get my point)

my friend got 36mm mikuni flatsides on a stock motor for some time before he got it ported with a crank.

Fellaz, finally got rid of one of my streetbikes and the upgrade process begins..... i ordered a set of T5s, vforce 3's, and looking into carbs now..... i can get some 34mm PJs for 250 shipped and was wondering was that too big for a stock motor, i am def getting a dune port from Brandon soon, but was wondering can i go ahead and slap em on? also where should i start with the mains/ pilots? thanks a bunch.... i can get some 28 pwks for the same price and just wanted to go ahead and go bigger now instead of having to buy some more when i port and possibly stroke.....

What kind of riding are you going to be doing?

Be careful about going big on a stock bore. The vacume your motor uses to pull(throttle responce) in the next charge of gas will be reduced a lot. It needs the smaller hole to speed the incoming charge of air up to draw the gas from the float bole up through the jets. The motor will run on these carbs but you will prolly have a spot that bogs or dies on the lower end of the RPM range when cracking on the throttle. You could add some compression to the motor and get a better throttle responce with the bigger carbs. Why don't you try and get the stock carbs bored out to 28s, they bore them up in the ventury not making a bigger circle but make it egg shapped. Also another option is to have the stockers taper bored to 27and 1/2. I don't know what the boring cost now days but it used to be about $40 a carb. Then when you are done you can sell them for what you have into the bore job. Anyway good luck.

If i could change mine it would be to 33mm pwk's.

I am running 34 pj's on a drag port with a cool head , v-force 3's, +4 timing and some cpi's.

34's will bog first 1/4 throttle unless you dial them in just right.

I am running them with CEL needles on the 4rth clip down and 172 mains and the bitch is ripping through the whole throttle. :evil:

What kind of riding are you going to be doing?

I do aggresive trail riding and dirt drags......I can get some 28pwk's polished for the same price but i am moving to a stroker later this year and thats why im trying to get my carbs a tad on the big side, and why i went with T5's and v force 3's in my decision making, for the future mods im planning on. Right now im just going to get a dune port from Brandon and stick with that until a need a rebuild, then do the 4mill.....suggestions??

If i could change mine it would be to 33mm pwk's.

I am running 34 pj's on a drag port with a cool head , v-force 3's, +4 timing and some cpi's.

34's will bog first 1/4 throttle unless you dial them in just right.

I am running them with CEL needles on the 4rth clip down and 172 mains and the bitch is ripping through the whole throttle. :evil:

Yea a good friend of mine has the 34PJ's and his bogs 1/4 throttle too, but he"s got a drag port and it really kicks ass after his light switch powerband, dont know if i really like that either Id rather have a more broad powerband than just on/off...... but it sure is fun to ride hahaha